Night time Fox to the Call

Excellent footage and write up, AP!

I have used the red Wicked Light that mounts easily to any type gun. When I want to go "silent", I mount it under my .25 cal Marauder with excellent results.

Rockinbar,

Those air rifles are getting very advanced and deadly.. I've just about convinced myself I need one. Have you tried the .25 on bobcat and fox? Fur friendly?

AP

awesome info guys can't wait to get out and try. not many grays here, but I have one spot that always has a few. There making a little comeback here along with the reds.

Originally Posted By: AllPredatorCallsRockinbar,

Those air rifles are getting very advanced and deadly.. I've just about convinced myself I need one. Have you tried the .25 on bobcat and fox? Fur friendly?

AP

AP,

They are very fur-friendly. While all I have killed with mine has been hogs, coyotes and coons for the larger animals, on down to small game, I have not shot a bobcat or fox with one yet.

Jay Nistetter killed a big bobcat with his Marauder .25 about a week ago. He said it was DRT and I know the fur was fine.

I have kind of a pet fox down here, but kinda hate to try it out on him.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: beaglerBest sound I have ever used for greys was the original Johnny Stewart Grey Fox Pup Distress. On my Foxpro I've had great success with the Screamin-Grey and the Steeltown Grey. +1000 Its still my go-to sound for greys and out-performs any other sound Ive ever used. I had to rip it from a cassette tape and convert it to MP3 and clean it up a little with Audacity. Now its in the number 1 spot on the FoxPro If theres a grey fox within earshot, he's coming!

ETA:punctuation

Last edited:
Nice pics guys, I hope to head somewhere for Grey's in the future, the only fox we have come in the red variety except for a small population of swift fox in NW MT

Back