Surprise, Surprise: Feinstein/Reid Calling for More Gun Control

hm1996

Staff member
Quote:
Congress tepid about revival of gun control bill following Navy Yard shooting

By Susan Ferrechio

Published September 18, 2013

Monday's mass shooting at Washington's Navy Yard has revived the gun-control debate in the halls of Congress, but don't expect a vote on legislation, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said Tuesday.

"We're going to move this up as quickly as we can, but we've got to have the votes first," Reid told reporters after a closed-door lunch with the Democratic caucus. "We don't have the votes. I hope we get them, but we don't have them now."

Reid made the remarks after Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., who authored a bill to ban assault weapons and increase background checks for gun buyers, said that the Navy Yard shooting could have been prevented if at least the background check component had become law.
What a lying _______(you fill in the blank)! The shooter had military security clearance which requires a much higher standard than the background checks to purchase a firearm! When will the press and the citizens start to hold lying politicians accountable and pitch them out!?

Congress has for the most part shelved gun-control legislation after failing to pass a watered-down version of the Feinstein legislation earlier this year. The legislation was introduced after the deadly Dec. 14 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

It faltered after most Republicans and four Democrats voted against it, with most saying they opposed the scope of the background checks.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/.../#ixzz2fG2hHyVR

Regards,
hm

From 1972 until 2005 we had the only police helicopter in our state flying in our city. About 1980 one of the local old biddies in town decided that we did not need a chopper. I think it was because her grandson got caught by the chopper with his hands in some one else's cookie jar. This old biddy kept trying to ground the choppers until she finally got herself elected Mayor of the city. It took her 25 years but she finally got rid of the choppers. My point being that the liberals will keep trying one way and another till they get what they want. Look at what they are teaching in schools now days reference the Second Amendment. We need to keep a close eye on them at all times or our gun rights could go the way of that police chopper.

Those low life morons just dont give a rats butt about this country - only pleaseing the communist that are paying them off to spout their bs

One can only hope Feinstein pushes the background check issue on this shooting, and brings the Universal Background Check issue back to the foreground. With 3 background checks on this shooter performed by 3 different agencies inside of the last 2 months, this shooting proves beyond any shadow of a reasonable doubt, that background checks are not the deterent to shootings that the liberals are attempting to make them out ot be.

If the remainder of the system is flawed, (by the flippin' liberals, no less), in attempts to protect the civil liberties of those that are mentally defective and dangerous, then there will not be a workable solution to gun control through background checks. Period!! This guy should have been committed for psychiatric evaluation on more than one occasion, he wasn't. He wasn't formally charged in any of the incidents where he acted violently, because he was crazy, and the law did not want to infringe upon his civil liberties as a nut case!

Therefore, there is no record of him being a threat, until he is no longer a threat, but has in fact taken the lives of others. This was seen in the case of Jared Loughner, it was seen in the case of Adam Lanza, it is now seen in the case of Aaron Alexis.

Universal Background Checks will not work as long as the system is broke! Period!! Tell your Senators and Congressmen that.

Originally Posted By: CRshooterFrom 1972 until 2005 we had the only police helicopter in our state flying in our city. About 1980 one of the local old biddies in town decided that we did not need a chopper. I think it was because her grandson got caught by the chopper with his hands in some one else's cookie jar. This old biddy kept trying to ground the choppers until she finally got herself elected Mayor of the city. It took her 25 years but she finally got rid of the choppers. My point being that the liberals will keep trying one way and another till they get what they want. Look at what they are teaching in schools now days reference the Second Amendment. We need to keep a close eye on them at all times or our gun rights could go the way of that police chopper.

You are correct, and I just watched this video the other day screwing around on youtube proving this is how they work. The point of this clip starts around the 40 second mark.

I tried to do the fancy thing that puts the video right in my post, whatever, here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1Vhqd7RlKs&list=HL1379619066

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rocky1One can only hope Feinstein pushes the background check issue on this shooting, and brings the Universal Background Check issue back to the foreground. With 3 background checks on this shooter performed by 3 different agencies inside of the last 2 months, this shooting proves beyond any shadow of a reasonable doubt, that background checks are not the deterent to shootings that the liberals are attempting to make them out ot be.

If the remainder of the system is flawed, (by the flippin' liberals, no less), in attempts to protect the civil liberties of those that are mentally defective and dangerous, then there will not be a workable solution to gun control through background checks. Period!! This guy should have been committed for psychiatric evaluation on more than one occasion, he wasn't. He wasn't formally charged in any of the incidents where he acted violently, because he was crazy, and the law did not want to infringe upon his civil liberties as a nut case!

Therefore, there is no record of him being a threat, until he is no longer a threat, but has in fact taken the lives of others. This was seen in the case of Jared Loughner, it was seen in the case of Adam Lanza, it is now seen in the case of Aaron Alexis.

Universal Background Checks will not work as long as the system is broke! Period!! Tell your Senators and Congressmen that.

I don't think the libs actually think or care the background checks are going to curtail violence or keep a unbalanced person from buying a gun. Their goal is a national gun registry so it will be easier to come around and collect firearms when the time is right. They will never quit or let up until the 2nd Amendment is history and your guns are all melted down.

Ya know, thats the way I feel about CC permit. A way to register, back-door, mind you, as well to impose a tax on you.
A tax on a GOD given right is a violation of my religous beliefs.
We could go on & on with this.
This is just me. Others, I'm sure, will disagree.
Jump is right [beeep], but I won't give up so that means I wont give them my guns, if I have any, as long as I'm on this Earth.
A 'right wing nut' I am............ ;-)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jumprightinitI don't think the libs actually think or care the background checks are going to curtail violence or keep a unbalanced person from buying a gun. Their goal is a national gun registry so it will be easier to come around and collect firearms when the time is right. They will never quit or let up until the 2nd Amendment is history and your guns are all melted down.

Absolutely jump, but... they do have to sell the uninformed on the need for background checks to try and push their registration agenda through. And, this case bites them right square in the @ss on that attempt. They keep preaching about keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill through Universal Background Checks, and this guy is BOTH, and has walked through not only purchasing a firearm, but a "SECRET" security clearance to work on computers on military installations in the nation's capital. Therein proving background checks don't work, AND Liberals are either dumbasses or they have an alternate agenda.

Back