Remington May Leave Ilion New York after almost 200 years

Greg_Meyer

Remington may leave Ilion, New York as a result of the New York Safe Act. I have great memories of my trips to their factory. I will always cherish my Ilion marked rifles and shotguns. In the late 1980's I took an 1100 right to the factory for warranty repairs. Nobody was there on a Saturday morning. As I started to leave a man in a car pulled up and asked if he could help me. I told him I wanted to drop off a shotgun for repair. He asked me to wait and parked, invited me to follow him in to the factory. He took my shotgun and said he would look at the problem (I had explained what the issue was). He invited me to look around their public area and quite a few guns on display. In about 30 minutes he found me gave me back my shotgun and when I asked for his name he gavce me a card (I was going to send his "boss" a letter of thanks.) Turmned out he was the V>P> and he had fixed my problem himself. Great company. The town of Ilion will dry up and blow away if Remington leaves.

Hopefully they move to where ever their QC department went years ago
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOREYHopefully they move to where ever their QC department went years ago
laugh.gif

Nothing against Remington but that right there ^^^, is funny!

If they move and it is due to NY's rotten gun legislation, I commend them.

Sadly, though, these nutjobs don't care if they move. A few hundred jobs lost doesn't bother them, THEY know what's right! Dirtbags. Don

Originally Posted By: DonD If they move and it is due to NY's rotten gun legislation, I commend them.

Sadly, though, these nutjobs don't care if they move. A few hundred jobs lost doesn't bother them, THEY know what's right! Dirtbags. Don

I gari-damm-tee that they will care if Remington leaves - there are bunches of millions of dollars at stake, and not just one time, but ongoing.

There are the taxes that Remington pays (a hellova lot), there are the income taxes that the employees pay, the property taxes, the sales taxes... then there are all the businesses that are dependent on the money spent by the company, and by the employees.

And when you dump 300 or 400 houses on the market in one town, it completely crashes the property values, and the economy for the whole surrounding area, so the financial problems keep echoing for years and years.

If Remington leaves, NYS is gonna bleed hard, for a long time, and Illion will become a ghost town in 5 years.

Originally Posted By: bigsky_songdogsDid they make a statement about considering a move? If so where at, I'd like to read it?

Thanks

+1 on this, or is it just another rumour?

I still support Remington. They had a hatchet job done to them for their triggers by 20/20. They were bought up by a company that was only concerned with profit.

Lets hope they continue on. I'd hate to see any US gunmaker go out of business.

Originally Posted By: CatShooterOriginally Posted By: DonD If they move and it is due to NY's rotten gun legislation, I commend them.

I gari-damm-tee that they will care if Remington leaves - there are bunches of millions of dollars at stake, and not just one time, but ongoing.

There are the taxes that Remington pays (a hellova lot), there are the income taxes that the employees pay, the property taxes, the sales taxes... then there are all the businesses that are dependent on the money spent by the company, and by the employees.

And when you dump 300 or 400 houses on the market in one town, it completely crashes the property values, and the economy for the whole surrounding area, so the financial problems keep echoing for years and years.

If Remington leaves, NYS is gonna bleed hard, for a long time, and Illion will become a ghost town in 5 years.

Valid case made, we'll see, I just haven't seen much intelligence coming out of the left wing legislators. Seems that the buffoons in CT don't much care when businesses start talking about moving.

You know, idiocy starts near the top. Bite Me Biden admitted publicly that all the moronic legislation Democrats were proposing would not have prevented Sandy Hook but yet they continued to use the shooting as their horse to beat and the unthinking continue to accept that flawed logic. Don

Iowa will wave them in.....I think some of the gun businesses from Illinois came to Iowa and 10 miles from me a new company , Steel Ridge Outfitters .com , now Steel Ridge Ammunition , is building a ammo factory. Check it out online. Jim

Last edited:
You have to be absolutely RETARDED to think that microstamping will work. A simple pass with a file and it's history on either a slug or a firing pin.

STUPID, IDIOTIC and meaningless interference with a legitimate business. Don

Originally Posted By: DonDYou have to be absolutely RETARDED to think that microstamping will work. A simple pass with a file and it's history on either a slug or a firing pin.

STUPID, IDIOTIC and meaningless interference with a legitimate business. Don

That is not even 1% of it.

Most of the fired cases with widdle numbers on them, get picked up and reloaded - how do you keep track of the widdle numbers - and when fired cases are polished, and reprimed, the numbers are gone or smudged - and when the cases are cleaned with stainless pins...

... and when a badd guy goes to the range and picks up a bunch of fired cases, and then tosses them around the floor at a crime scene...

How do we elect these know nothings who kiss babies for a living.

Quote:STUPID, IDIOTIC and meaningless interference with a legitimate business. ....True, but one more regulation to force some companies to cease firearm production due to increased cost of tooling and set up, as well as increasing the cost of the finished product to the consumer...And, a bigger Bureaucracy for monitoring the process...

It's all about reduction in firearm availability...Not tracking...The end goal is No Firearms...Common Sense has no standing in the Liberal Agenda...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:STUPID, IDIOTIC and meaningless interference with a legitimate business. ....True, but one more regulation to force some companies to cease firearm production due to increased cost of tooling and set up, as well as increasing the cost of the finished product to the consumer...And, a bigger Bureaucracy for monitoring the process...

It's all about reduction in firearm availability...Not tracking...The end goal is No Firearms...Common Sense has no standing in the Liberal Agenda...

As many know, striker fired pistols firing pins tend to "smear" (create elongated primer indentations) and even under the best of situations, no way in blazes would any microstamping be legible.

I guess they also choose to ignore that MD had an expensive program supposedly to compare the fired cases provided by the factory with new guns to crime scene material and if I'm not mistaken, admitted that the program never helped solve a crime and was dropped. Many $ wasted from taxpayers, what's new? Don

Back