bobcat mating sounds

ksboy2

guys,
do any of you use the js cat in heat tapes? if so, i'd like some feedback

figure late jan-feb would be the time for it
ksboy

I used it with no success a few years ago and then gave it up. When I got the tape I thought I had found the holy grail. I have never talked to anyone who has had success with it. Let me know if it works for you. Good luck.

I've found that rooster attacking housecat sounds tend to attract a LOT of attention.
hump.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sure CS, it mostly just sounds like a combination of two fish being repeatedly slapped together and a woman riding a roller coaster. Oh, and then it rounds out w/ the sound of a guy winning a hard fought arm wrestling contest.

I have used a bobcat in heat sound with good results. I use it in Febuary here in Texas. I was over at my brothers house one day and he had a house cat that was in heat and just would not shut up. I practiced mimicking the sound with my mouth and got it down pretty good. I've been using it for a few years now and it works pretty good. If you can talk like Donald Duck with your voice you can make the bobcat in heat sound. You can also make the sound very good on a diaphram call. I sent the sound to FOXPRO, and they offer it as one of their sounds. If you want to hear it give Mike a call and he can play it for you. It's not a long range sound, but if you know where a bobcat is hanging out, you can usually get a response.

Good Hunting

Byron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Back