what grain are you shooting for yotes

60 to 75gr. But it depends on whatgun it is being shot out of. The 243 and r-25 both in 243 gets the 70gr NBT. The 6mmWoa gets the 75gr seirra HP and the 6x45 showed the most promise with the 60gr Seirra HP.

I shoot 85 grain Sierra Gameking HP's from my Remington 700 BDL, and Sierra 75 grain HP varminters from my 700 Mountain rifle. They both work very well on coyotes.

I've shot anything from 55 grain Noslers BT's to 105 grain Berger VLD's I haven't found a 6mm bullet that doesn't work good on coyotes!!!

Originally Posted By: Jabey9210I've shot anything from 55 grain Noslers BT's to 105 grain Berger VLD's I haven't found a 6mm bullet that doesn't work good on coyotes!!!

+1

Thanks for all the input I bought different grains in the Winchester varmit x they shot pretty good I'm definitely gonna try other brands but the results were decent

Thanks for all the input I bought different grains in the Winchester varmit x they shot pretty good I'm definitely gonna try other brands but the results were decent

At present I have 85 grain Serria HPBT's loaded for my .243.. It was my bullet of choice for many years.. Now there is many more choices.. I used 65 grain Vmax and 70 grain Blitzkings last winter.. Both did and outstanding job.. The local gov't trappers are both shooting .243's, one likes the 65 Vmax, the other the 70 grain BK.. Lots of great bullets out there..

Originally Posted By: PowerfisherMy Remington 660 likes a 85gr SGK. But the coyotes don't.

So you've killed some coyotes with the ole 660?

Dang man, where's the pics? Bet it hammers pretty good.

If you care about fur the rem.80 gr,s.p. is great And dito on the sierra 85 gr. HPBT.I shot it for years with great results.

Back