62 gr Varmageddon bullets hp 22 cal how good r they

varmit_master

I went in to a gun shop today he had 8 boxes of the 62 gr HP bullets on the self and said he had 20 more boxes coming in tomorrow. How good r they on coyotes? I am using a 60 gr v max. He had 19.99 a box is that high? Shooting out of a AR 20 inch barrel 1@8 twist.

Nobody has loaded any he said if anybody need any he would sell them. I have all king of 22 cal hunting bullets just wanted to try the 62 gr. I told him I had some can or 2 of varget and benchmark I would do some trading he wants the powder bad. He did have one can of RL 10 and that was it for small rifles.

I have loaded 250 of them but they were for a friend but I helped him sight-in and they shot fine. Not sure how they work on coyotes though. Should work fine. They do have a cannelure by the way.

TY venatic I am shooting the 60 gr v max think I will go by and get a few boxes little high 19.99 . I seen the 55 gr at Bass Pro for 14.99. For a coyote I think they should work good . May I ask what Twist was your friends rifle. I don't think my 1@12 22 250 would shoot them do you? It will will shoot a 60 gr v max. But my AR 1@8 loves the 60 gr. ty again

I started using the 55 grain HP Varmegeddon bullets this year in my 223 because they are inexpensive and easy to find. I'm happy with the accuracy and suprised how well they've held together on groundhogs. With the size of the hollowpoint I'd have expected gaping exit wounds but they pass through with minimal damage. Their expansion is "tame" compared to many of the other 50-55 grain bullets I've used. I haven't had the opportunity to use them on coyotes yet but I suspect they will do well.

On a side note, I had to seat them pretty deep to get them to cycle through the action reliably. The large opening of the hollowpoint had a tendency to snag when seated near the lands.

Back