help opening Stack-On Strong Box Safe

Shurshot

I have a small problem. I have a small electronic safe that I can't get open. I have a loaded .45 1911 in it. I think I know the combination I set for it but I can't get it to work. I looked up the instructions on their website and it says to enter the password and press the * key. my safe has no * key. it has an "a" in the lower left hand corner and a "b" in the lower right hand corner where the * and # keys should be. this is probably because it is older than the one on their webpage. I have tried the combo and then pressed the "a" and "b" in place of the star but no go.

anyone have any advise?

this is similar to mine but not exactly the same
http://stack-on.com/categories/security-safes--2/products/54

Call Stackon....Several years ago, they issued an advisory about the fact that some of their barrel locks could be opened with the metal insides of a ball point pen and would send out replacement locks to owners that would call and supply their lock numbers...It was a voluntary effort on their part...

I've found that the company is very customer oriented and have a pretty decent customer service section...

thanks OT. that was my first thought but they are closed for the day and thought maybe it was something simple procedurally I was doing wrong. it also has a key lock but the key is long gone. I don't have any proof that I even bought it so I don't know if they will help me or not. unless I registered it at the time but I don't think I did.

I have five of their cabinets...A couple I've gotten from other shooters and a couple on Clearance sales at stores...No receipts or registrations for any of them, but they were great about sending me some replacement locks..

I know it's frustrating to have to wait for another day to get some help, but it's better than relying on either bad info or losing patience and forcing it open, unless it' a real emergency...

so true. it hasn't been open for about 4 years so another day isn't going to kill me... I actually forgot about it and was cleaning out a spare room and found it. I know my .45 is in there and there may be more. I will give them a call tomorrow for sure. it is very frustrating not to be able to get into it. the .45 will go in my Liberty fatboy when I get it open. thanks

Back