Deaf Coyote

J Brad

Well guys another exciteing morning of coyote calling.I didn't have anything show up on the first two stands, the fog still hadn't cleard more than 30yds. visibility. But on the third stand I had a coyote hang up at 500+ yds. in a plowed field. I was callin like crazy to get him in when I had a coyote come by from my left to rightat about 100 yds. He had his head down and was just trottin by.I whistled to try and stop him but he didn't look up, so I "whooped" at him and he never looked up. He didn't slow down speed up or anything just trotted on by like I wasn't even there.
confused.gif
Well he stopped at the bottom of the pasture ,with a bois'd'arch tree right in between us. I laid on my belly and crawled 20 yds. up beside the tree.I sat there awhile and watched him scratch at the ground and roll around, like a dog dose after you give him a bath.Well He stoped rolling after awhile and gave me a broad side shot at about 125-150yds. so I took it. I missed him just low and kicked dirt up just on the other side of him.I'm not sure why I missed but when the dirt kicked up he ran about 10yds. foward and then came back and sniffed the ground where the bullet hit. Then just started trotting towards the woods. I couldn't do anything to stop him for another good shot so I just shot him in the butt and took him down. I hadn't ever seen or even heard of anything like this.From what I saw, I belive %100 this coyote was stone deaf. What do ya'll think?
confused.gif
This is why I love calling predators. You never know what your gonna run accross.

Later,
Justin

Back