Now huntting suppressed!

Originally Posted By: gonzaga
I have two cans, on for my .223 and one for my .308. I also have an adapter to fit my .308 can to one of my .223's

both my vids I posted one of the .17 hornet and one of my 22-250 are the same suppressor. nothing added no adaptor either screw on one screw on to other

I bought a Surefire can in April of 2012. I have yet to get my tax stamp. They cashed my check in December of last year. Haven't heard one thing from them except they are short staffed and the Obama administration will no longer allow them overtime.

Originally Posted By: SpartacusI bought a Surefire can in April of 2012. I have yet to get my tax stamp. They cashed my check in December of last year. Haven't heard one thing from them except they are short staffed and the Obama administration will no longer allow them overtime.

I would call and find out what's going on. I mailed my paperwork on November 29th, check was cashed on December 4th and I picked up my can on June 21st.

I find it funny when people talk about all the "hoops" one has to jump through to get a suppressor or other NFA item. If you find a good dealer, the biggest hassle is waiting on ATF. If signing a couple pieces of paper, having them notarized, writing a 200 dollar check and putting a stamp on an envelope is too much of a hassle then you are better off without one.

After shooting mine I will never go without. I went shooting with a buddy last weekend and we both brought our 16" AR's. I was shooting prone with him sitting about 6' to my left. He shot a string and then proceeded to load his mag. I removed my muffs and shot a series off suppressed shots. While concentrating on the target I didn't notice him take aim and BOOM......my left ear rang for a long time.

when I first sent my paperwork in it was said 12-14months because of the short staffing. the same dealers say they are better staffed now and its about 6-8 months. that wasn't the biggest hassle. not much of a hassle at all just having our county sheriff sign off and a photo I.D was the toughest for me because of work. which still wasn't bad. one night at the range made it 100% worth it and I haven't even been hunting.

Originally Posted By: doggdownwhen I first sent my paperwork in it was said 12-14months because of the short staffing. the same dealers say they are better staffed now and its about 6-8 months. that wasn't the biggest hassle. not much of a hassle at all just having our county sheriff sign off and a photo I.D was the toughest for mebecause of work. which still wasn't bad. one night at the range made it 100% worth it and I haven't even been hunting.

That's why I went with a trust. NO LEO SIGN OFF AND NO PHOTO. Plus I can list other people on my trust and they can use it without me having to be there

Last edited:
james was telling a bit about that but it wasn't too hard getting a photo and the sign off. im not sure if id ever loan out my suppressor though...

Back