12 ga

flash1440

i bought a used 12 ga about a year ago and i cant get it to shoot strght it shoots way low is there anything i can do with it sure could use some help thanks
Ryan

Assuming your are using a pattern board of some type:

try placing a folded up cloth on the top of the comb/stock.
perhaps you are bringing up the comb to far with the factory stock. Are you tall ?
does the shottie have a rib on the barrel and a mid bead. if so, with mid bead, how are you lining up your two beads..? muzzle bead really should be slighty higher, forming a figure 8 with the two beads.

Check the way you shoulder and cheek the gun. What are you seeing when you quickly shoulder the gun? CHECK TO MAKE SURE THE GUN IS EMPTY - DOUBLE CHECK. Pick something across the room and without trying to "aim" shoulder the gun quickly awhile looking at the spot/item you're focused on. Now, what do you see? Nothing but bead? No bead? Half a rib? You may be able to change the stock fit to suit you if there isn't a problem with your gun mounting. A replacement barrel may do the trick, or some skilled shotgun smiths may even be able to bend the barrel to change the point of impact. There are screw in choke tubes to alter pattern point of impact. And depending upon what use you need the gun for a set of adjustable sights could turn the trick easily and fairly cheaply for you.

I think that depends upon what you want to use it for. Predator calling, deer hunting, and turkey hunting a scope would be alright if you like that. Obviously wing shooting or waterfowling might be hindered by a scope so... I'd say that's your call as your needs and personal preferences dictate.

thats what ill be useing it for is coyote deer and turkey what would be better do ya think a red dot or cross hairs? thanks for the help guys
Ryan

I have used both red dot scopes and scopes with crosshairs. I liked the crosshairs much better but I never tried the holosight type of aiming devices. I used these sighting devices for turkey and coyotes.

First off, what shotgun are you using???

Before you plan on getting the receiver drilled and tapped to attach a scope base on, it needs to be determined if you have a steel receiver or an alloy receiver.

I wouldn't suggest that an alloy receiver be drilled and tapped.

Back