Pork Tenderloin on the EGG this evening

Ricky Bobby

Prepped a nice loin for our dinner tonight. I rubbed it down with a nice sweeeeet homemade rib rub & then placed it inside a bacon weave.
grin.gif

Here it is after " the flip ", at about the 30 minute mark. I run my EGG @ 350 degrees and cooked direct with a raised grid at the felt line.

It took about exactly 55 minutes to hit an internal temp of 165 degrees. I pulled it and then let it rest for 10 minutes. Here is the final product.

The loin was very moist and tender. I also placed some Cherry wood chips on the fire, for extra flavor, right as I threw the loin on the grid.

IT WAS YUMMY! MOMMA WAS HAPPY.
drool.gif

You're killing me with that BGE. I'm counting the days until I can afford one and have a place to set it
frown.gif
. I'm stuck with a gas grill right now until I get some stuff sorted out. I miss my charcoal grill. I might have to build a fire and cook something before I go crazy
crazy.gif

While I do absolutely love my BGE, I would suggest maybe giving the Vision Grills a good hard looking over. They are a very similar ceramic kumado style grill sold at Costco, & possibly other places that I may not be aware of, that from the reviews I've read are pretty dang good. Especially for the price they sell for! Might save you some coin while getting similar results. Just thought I'd mention it.

I actually looked at the brown one at Costco. It had some features I liked better than the egg and a few I didn't. Price was much better as you mentioned. I can't believe I'm saying this, but unfortunately, a grill is low on the priority list right now. It is more on my wants list. Oh well, I can live vicariously through you BGE guys for now. It wouldn't bother me so bad had I not cooked on one
cry.gif

It'll happen some day. Until then, keep posting up those great meals
grin.gif

A Gas grill can achieve a nice smoke too. Just wrap some "wood chips" in some aluminum foil. Make a burrito shaped packet, set it on the hot part of the grill. and let the meat set on the cooler part. You will be amazed at the flavor you can achieve with indirect heat. PS.. a good Meat thermometer is your friend.

Back