Anyone have a Weaver 6-24x42 Classic "V" scope??

CatShooter

Hi Guys - I am thinking of getting one of these and I would love to know how you like it, and I would love to see a picture of the turret calibrations if you can.

If you have the varmint reticle, how are the calibrations?

I have a new stick comin' on line and need glasses for it.

Not sure what power Classic V scopes he has, but a gent I shoot with on a regular basis for years now, replied to my comment about having ordered another Weaver Super Slam by saying he liked the Weaver Classic V(s) he owned. This gent is pretty scope savvy. Has quite a collection or rifles from SXS big bores for his African hunting to 6BR benchrest type rifles. He just buys mid to high end scopes for his shooting, depending on the rifle (or pistol for that matter).

I like to peruse thru the optics sections of various gun sites on a regular basis. Occassionally see a comment about Weaver Classic V scopes. Can't say as I've ever read anything negative about them, just good things.

I have a Weaver V24 with XDOT on my 22-250.

Pro's
Love 24x magnification.
Really like that thin reticle on small targets 300 and beyond.
Scope doesn't lose zero - solidly built, takes punishment.

Con's
Too parallax sensitive for my tastes.
The AO yardage isn't correct to your various target ranges.
Scope/reticle will wash out on you in direct bright sunlight.

They'll work, but I am hoping to upgrade mine at some point.

Now we may not even be talking about the exact same thing. Mine probably was in the 350 price range when I bought it. Anyway, consider some of this as you look through a bunch yourself now. Good luck.

I've got 2 a fine x hair and a mil dot. They are tough,I droped my mil dot on my 22 and dented the bell but did'nt affect any thing else. When I shoot with these and my Leupolds together i can really see the difference in optic quailty. They are good $300 scopes.

Back