Lets see pictures of your coyote night hunting shotguns?

Here's my new set-up for this up-coming year i've been working on, decided to finally go semi-auto. Remington Versa-Max 22", 8+1 magazine extention, 3-1/2" chamber with an Aimpoint-T1. I'm currently running a carlsons turkey .665 choke with dead coyote 3" T loads. I've been considering trying out the patternmaster code black choke before the season starts up since it has a money back gurantee.

Last edited:
Isn't that .665 a little too tight for using with the "T" shot? I would be careful.... you may very well experience barrel damage in the choke tube area...

Originally Posted By: Grizzly JohnsonIsn't that .665 a little too tight for using with the "T" shot? I would be careful.... you may very well experience barrel damage in the choke tube area...

It's good to go with hevi-shot or lead but I still keep an eye on it. I've tried carlsons I.M., full, and extra full chokes and the pattern was much wider at 50yards compared to the turkey. The "dead coyote" choke carlsons makes is a .665 and its designed around T shot.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LARUEminatiOriginally Posted By: Grizzly JohnsonIsn't that .665 a little too tight for using with the "T" shot? I would be careful.... you may very well experience barrel damage in the choke tube area...

It's good to go with hevi-shot or lead but I still keep an eye on it. I've tried carlsons I.M., full, and extra full chokes and the pattern was much wider at 50yards compared to the turkey. The "dead coyote" choke carlsons makes is a .665 and its designed around T shot.

I knew they made a coyote choke to use with the dead coyote loads.... just didn't realize it was so tight.

Good looking set-up though!

Remington 870 Tactical, Burris FastFire 3. Keep it simple.

photo_zps1b94a1ec.jpg

photo_zpsd6e5e3d5.jpg

January12013445c_zpsd270cc8a.jpg

January302013023b_zps0a40edd4.jpg

p1010035j.jpg

870 Tactical-Parkerized
18.5" tritium rifle sighted fixed mod factory barrel
Mesa Tactical Barrel clamp
S&J Hardware bayo mount and follower
M7 bayonet
Police takeoff hardwood forearm
Express hardwood buttstock
Red dog battin' cleanup!

Not really for night hunting. More like "night killing".
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: CrazyHorse66
p1010035j.jpg

870 Tactical-Parkerized
M7 bayonet
Red dog battin' cleanup!

smile.gif

Good thinkin! After you have shot all your ammo then you can bayonet charge them
lol.gif
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGRemington 870 Tactical, Burris FastFire 3. Keep it simple.

photo_zps1b94a1ec.jpg

photo_zpsd6e5e3d5.jpg

Did the 870 come with a screw in choke barrel? Seems like every assault shot gun I look at is fixed cylinder bore.
Thanks

Originally Posted By: CrazyHorse66
p1010035j.jpg

870 Tactical-Parkerized
M7 bayonet
Red dog battin' cleanup!

smile.gif

There are only 2 types of bayonet fighters;
The quick and the dead...

Originally Posted By: jon mathOriginally Posted By: DiRTY DOGRemington 870 Tactical, Burris FastFire 3. Keep it simple.

photo_zps1b94a1ec.jpg

photo_zpsd6e5e3d5.jpg

Did the 870 come with a screw in choke barrel? Seems like every assault shot gun I look at is fixed cylinder bore.
Thanks Yes, the Rem 870 Tactical comes with a Rem choke barrel, and a sight rail.

Back