Kolorfusion camo process opinions

roky0702

Well, I did a PM search which turned up nothing so here goes. Has anybody had anything coated by Kolorfusion? Their process involves dye sublimation so it's more durable than hydro dipping, but can also use images and patterns. I originally wanted to hydro dip a few ARs and my Mcrees Precision chassis, but after reading and seeing photos of bad dip jobs or just general wear after use, I'm kind of uneasy. I'm looking for long term durability so I don't have chipping/wear problems in the future. Cerakote is an option, but rather spendy. (Apparently Kolorfusion is similar to powder coating and is somewhat thick? It's used a lot on bows) If anyone has any experience with Kolorfusion or an opinion on it, I would like to hear. Thanks.

Also, If I do decide to go with hydro dipping...there is RA Hoffer for $135 or hydro-dip.com and other places for probably $250+. Where should I go and why?

Kyle

Last edited:
The people I use charge $85.00 to dip a stock and about $140.00 to cera-coat all the metal on a rem BDL. Seems to me your guys are a little pricey.

Back