Behold a feast for your eyes to see!! The "SS" Critter Gitter

Widow maker 223

Iv been working on this build for the last 2.5 months. Its a .357 magnum semi auto carbine 16" barrel 1"o.d. with a blow back action. Like a scaled up .22LR. I was going for a all stainless build, but i couldnt find a stainless barrel for cheap. So its all stainless but the bolt and barrel. All i have left to do is the trigger guard wich will be done today, make a butt pad, and drill and tap for the scope base. This is the only strait blow back .357mag iv ever seen. What a ton of work. I have about a million hours in it, but it was all worth it.

C7F00BB5-44B6-4C52-BD13-133AA56E6D6D-260-000000F3A9A4EF7E_zpsef9ab05a.jpg

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223Umm because its never been done before. I built it myself, and why not.

If a guy has the time and resources and know how,, I say why not..I think ya did good congrats!
thumbup.gif

Yeah it looks great- congrats! What sort of mag are you using? How big/heavy does the bolt have to be to hold the .357 in check for an instant?

Mag is a factory desert eagle. My bolt weighs 16oz. The buffer weighs 17oz. Its filled with tungsten powder. So total reciprocating mass is 33oz. Its a lot of weight. The whole gun weighs 10lbs as it sits.

Originally Posted By: DonDAnd the reason for this is what? Don

WM223, did you forget to DonD sign off on your project? Now we have been over this, you need to get permission before you go do things like this
lol.gif

Really though, that thing is very interesting, and I wish I had the mechanical aptitude to make something like that. I bet its a blast..........no pun intended (or was it
smile.gif
) what is gonna be its main function?

Thanks fellas. Well it will be a great groundhog and close range coyote gun. Its also deer legal in IN. Iv only killed 1 deer with a gun when i was 15. Killed a bunch with my bow. My son will more than gladly kill a deer with it, and i might take something with it this year myself just for the satisfaction.

He11 Yeah! That's something to be proud of. Make sure you post up your kills with that baby. I really like the 357mag round ... it's a lot of fun!

thumbup1.gif

OK, that's pure awesome. So cool you made it yourself, unique. Doing it to do it is reason enough. Congrats on the first kill.

Back