delete

Ridgerunner, I wish you would have posted this a few days ago. A guy had fully modded #4 dog on for $120 a dozen but I didn't buy them because of the low levers. Do you have any idea where I can find some of these for a good price?

It was on trapper man. They had inside lams, baseplates and reinforced dogs. Sounds like I waited too long on a good deal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ridgerunner2Yea I would say. I sold 48 for 20.00 apiece as I don't like or use dogless traps.

I don't care for the dog less either but these were dog on and a deal that probably will never come along again. I was trying to find out information about the low lever from people that use them. By the time I got the information they were sold. I'm bummed out now, guess I will buy a dozen bridger #3's.

Originally Posted By: ridgerunner2Bridgers or Duke #4 are way better traps. For the price you can't beat the duke #4 and I own 165 of them.

I do like the bridgers. I have 4 dozen #2's but thought I would give the 3's a try in my areas with hardly any fox.

I have a bunch of #3 dukes that work just fine for cats, gonna throw some mods on them and try them out for coyotes, I have never missed a cat in one, I am also not a professional trapper, but every cat I caught in them was caught way up high I do use a pretty stiff pan tension though. they may have a different tune, I am going to 4 coil and base plate them with some stronger chain.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: EJ ReichenbachI have a bunch of #3 dukes that work just fine for cats, gonna throw some mods on them and try them out for coyotes, I have never missed a cat in one, I am also not a professional trapper, but every cat I caught in them was caught way up high I do use a pretty stiff pan tension though. they may have a different tune, I am going to 4 coil and base plate them with some stronger chain.

I would for sure bend the jaws tips up as 3 years ago when I used a few #3 dukes fully moded I had alot of poped jaws on them. Bending the jaw tips is easy as you use a pair of vice grips.

Did they pop out on coyotes or cats. Did you notice anything else about them. Like I said ive never used them for yotes just on cats but I plan on modifiying them.

the spring lever is easily change able to let them ride higher, If my jaws are not flat or if levers dont come up high enough I work on the thin metal of the spring lever

Back