First Muller scope-not a good start!

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeGot a couple questions for all,

Is there a diff between warranty work and defective goods ?
If so ,is there a time line that separates one from the other.

I worked retail for 6 years , I have my ways. What you say ?

Tim not in my eyes as a paying consumer.If your happy to sell me a POS and take my money, I'm happy to let you take care of it without a bunch of BS,I also worked in retail for one the largest outdoor stores in this area for a few years,, hunting/fishing only, no ping pong paddles/golf clubs/pool sticks crap.I recall having to send back or replace everything from rifles to crankbaits to keep customers happy.Like Chupa said maybe those days are gone??

Tim, it would be up to the verbiage of the warranty. But the truth is that one could be substituted for the other to satisfy the whims of either party. Why does nobody seem to complain about HAVING to send a scope back to Leupold? Because its a known fact that this is how it is done, that's why.

Chupa

Thanks for the replys.

Jay, I've returned Leupolds back to the store ,the same day bought them. Only becuase I'm lucky and get blems on about everything I buy...lol

I also sent one to Leupold ,that sat new in the box for a long while and knew it wouldn't work trying the place I got it from. They sent me a shipping label for it.

If there is a bad anything, I'll get it. Anymore I just laugh and shake my head.
crazy.gif

Hey Tim,

I wrote what I said and then had second thoughts. I changed it to what I said above. Didn't want to sound like a Nanny. But, I believe what I originally said. You are right, I was fast in changing it! LOL.

As to ruffling my feathers, you didn't brother. No worry there. You and I can agree to disagree all day long, and still come out winners, the both of us.

Not everyone likes Muellers, nor Remingtons, nor Rugers, nor Chevys, nor customer service of this company or that...............

The difference is, in my opinion, the way we conduct ourselves, talk about it, and treat our fellow man.

There's where this whole thing has gotten construed into something ugly.

Damned right there's a difference. Defective "out of the box" goods sold by the retailer should be replaced or money refunded upon the return of said junk to the retailer... Period. The product wasn't usable in the condition it was sold in so it should have been replaced. Cabelas, SW, Midway, Midsouth etc.... Any of them will take back out of the box defective goods no questions asked.

Warranty work takes place if there's breakage covered under warranty down the road. Warranty work isn't for new product that cant even be used once.

I also look at this from the prospective of never ordering from JB, never spoke to him on the phone... [beeep] I've never even looked at his site and it's simply because I've never thought about it, his name has never come up on the radar when I was shopping for something.

Last edited:
Furhunter, after all my babbling and the responces to it, you sir, have summed it up in a nut shell. Exactly what I was trying to convey to everyone. Don

Originally Posted By: Furhunter

Defective "out of the box" goods sold by the retailer should be replaced or money refunded upon the return of said junk to the retailer... Period. The product wasn't usable in the condition it was sold in so it should have been replaced. Cabelas, SW, Midway, Midsouth etc.... Any of them will take back out of the box defective goods no questions asked.

Warranty work takes place if there's breakage covered under warranty down the road. Warranty work isn't for new product that cant even be used once.

Agreed. I see both sides as said, but this is a common policy amongst damm near all stores, web based or local.

If its a problem from the get go, a return or exchange from vendor should fix problem, if there's a problem down the road, it's on manufacturer.

I owe all parties involved an apology for my actions last night. After some sleep and re-reading the entire thread this morning, I took a lot of information out of context and flat out missed some information. I don't even remember what it was that upset me so much, so it must not have been that important.

Once again, sorry to everyone involved.

Chupa

I to will apologize to anyone I offended. I was only trying to convey my experience. I am going to buy a lower, parts kit and a different scope in the next couple days. Will I buy from Joe Bob's, no. Will I ask how the supplier handles defective items before I buy, you bet I will. From now on I will not assume a supplier will take care of any issues, I have. Everyone have a good day. Don

Originally Posted By: Field MedicI would think JB's would cover the action of eplacement of this scope for no better reason than to avoid the poor press they are getting on this and I'm sure other forums ..

What a turn of events if JB'S would have replaced the three day old scope . They have a direct line and better working experience with Mueller than any common customer.. That being done the poster would have praised JB's customer service and even though it's common for the purchaser to have to deal with a Defective scope directly with Mueller JB's had gone "out of their way" to make it right.. Making it right retains and furthers more customers. I believe this situation is going to cost JB customers..

Bingo!

I have three Mueller scopes and never had a problem with any of them. They all are on 10-22's though.I purchased mine through E.A. Brown Co. about four years ago.

As far as input on getting a bad one...yea that sucks big time!!! Also where you got it should replace it I think. Its been covered pretty well by other members so I won't need to write anymore on the subject.

Hope you get everything squared away!!!

This has been an interesting thread. I've always been of the opinion that something that doesn't work when purchased is defective and the retailer should replace it and I've never been refused the few times I've had that happen. If I had been told to send it to the manufacturer for warranty we would have discussed things for awhile and if I was forced to send a brand new device in to be replaced/fixed under warranty I would have but the retailer would also know that he had made his last sale to me. If I use something and it breaks after being in use then it is a warranty problem and I deal with it as such and don't bother the retailer.

Customer service still goes a long way with some of us and we base our shopping places on that.

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyI owe all parties involved an apology for my actions last night. After some sleep and re-reading the entire thread this morning, I took a lot of information out of context and flat out missed some information. I don't even remember what it was that upset me so much, so it must not have been that important.

Once again, sorry to everyone involved.

Chupa

Apology accepted.

Travis

Chupa: I've always valued your opinions and take your statements when requested as sincere. The " terrorist and prissses" comment really took me a back.. I respect the fact that you posted an apology for said statements..

Originally Posted By: Field MedicChupa: I've always valued your opinions and take your statements when requested as sincere. The " terrorist and prissses" comment really took me a back.. I respect the fact that you posted an apology for said statements..

I sincerely apologize, I was wrong. I hope there are no hard feelings.

Chupa

Back