Who shoots the heavy .223 bullets at long range?

I have not ran mine over my chrony yet,i just adjust my speed using isterlok app and get my drop that way.My speeds are slower than book loads from what i can tell.

Originally Posted By: MGYSGTColeridge, You just keep getting rid of the ones that don't shoot and sooner or later you will bet a barrel that will. Sometimes, no matter what you do, a barrel is just a tomato stake and will never shoot.

Tom

I guess so. I've had/got several Kreigers, 2 Broughton's, 3 Bartliens, 2 Shelin, 2 Brux, a Pac-Nor & a Benchmark.

Maybe one day...

Finally got around to testing my loads over the chrony and here are the numbers for the ammo i had on hand.My rifle is the REM 700 Tactical 20"
Remington factory 45 grainers = 3,500 FPS
Sierra 69 grain re-load 2,750 FPS 24.5 varget powder
Midway usa dogtown 55 grain re-load 2,900 FPS 25.5 Varget powder
Nosler 80 gr re-load 2,650 FPS 23.5 RL-15 powder
I should be supersonic at 1,000 yards with the 80 grainer so hopefully i can ring some steel with it.
Heres a pic after a stock + scope change.
9278232701_2005a1a5fb_b.jpg

Good shootin' crow sniper.

If you can stumble into some of the 75gr. A-Maxes, grab them.

550yds. 22-250 @ 3,300fps.

My son's .223AI is digging the Nosler CC 77 grainers. Got a pile of the 69gr Sierras as well. Both are grouping tight out of the 1-8 twist, just need to break out the Chrony.

Travis

I loaded up some 75 AMAX and tested them this weekend with varget and CFE223 powders.These powders wont push the bullets fast enough to stabilze with my rifle.I got the best result with a max load of varget but the group was 3" or more @200 so no good.I bet RL-15 would work but i only have a couple pounds and i want to load my 80 grainers with it,i may try it later on though.

Back