9 1/8 twist 243 bullet selection

I just bought a Remington sps .243 with 9 1/8 twist. Wandering what would be the best grain bullet to shoot. I have been shooting 85 gr bthp sierras out of my savage with good results. But not sure the twist rate. Any help would be appreciated.

My factory remington sps barrel I had installed on my model 7 will stabilize the berger 108gr target bullets. Same twist as yours.

My rem is supposed to be a 9 1/8 twist too. Measure your twist rate,mine is actually 8 5/8". My rifle shoots 105 Berger vld's great.

I'm shooting 55 gr to 100 grain out of my axis...both are flying pretty accurate..but i do have to tweek it when going to the 100 gr...but the 55 gr and 75 gr are pretty close to hitting in the same area...

Thanks fellas. I am going to try to work up a load with 58 gr v Max and 85 gr hpbt. These are the ones I hope to shoot. Anyone have a good load for these bullets.

I just worked up a load for a Sako I bought and those 58gr. Hornady's really sing. Near max load of 4064 and a CCI 200. Winchester hull.

Travis

Originally Posted By: Wylietx107Thanks fellas. I am going to try to work up a load with 58 gr v Max and 85 gr hpbt. These are the ones I hope to shoot. Anyone have a good load for these bullets.

58gr vmax,46.6 gr R-15,cci200,hornady brass. Shoots @3715 fps in a 19"tube
Remember to work up that is a hot load!

Originally Posted By: Wylietx107I just bought a Remington sps .243 with 9 1/8 twist. Wandering what would be the best grain bullet to shoot. I have been shooting 85 gr bthp sierras out of my savage with good results. But not sure the twist rate. Any help would be appreciated.

Pretty certain that the Savage twist is 9 1/4. My VLP shoots
105 A-max's to 1/4 regularly, and I believe it's my fault when
it doesn't.

Its going to be a truck gun so pretty much what ever I run into. Hogs and coyotes mainly. I hope I get a load worked up because it doesn't shoot federal 85 bthp or 95 v- Max factory worth a darn. 15 rounds down the pipe and about 4-5" spread. Shot 10 trying to sight it in and gave up. Shot 5 more yesterday 3 were 3.5" next 2 were 2 ". I did clean the barrel after trying to sight it in. Part of it could be me but I'm not that bad.

My 700 ADL is really shooting the 105 HPBT great. It shot just over 1" in factory form but a barrel float and bedding the action really tightened things up.

Going to shoot the 100gr Partition for deer.

Back