best foxpro call

It all depends on what you need/want in the caller. For most situations I think the Wildfire with a fox jack is the best bang for the buck. It holds 200 sounds, 2 presets, and foxbang, cost 200 bucks (caller only). I purchased a firestorm thinking 2 speakers is better than one but only use the horn speaker as the speakers have 2 different purposes. The remote on the Firestorm is the same as the Wildfire which in my opinion is better than the Spitfire remote. List what your looking for and you may end up answering your own question.

My friend just got the Wildfire 2 for $200. If you get it from allpredatorcalls.com you can pick the 35 sounds that come on it. Great call for the money, and if you feel you need more speaker you can always hook up an external speaker for it.

I had a firestorm and really liked it, but looking back could have saved some money getting the Hellfire. I only ever used the horn speaker.

i have been running a scorpion for 5 or 6 years now.
i love it, it is small, and doesnt weigh a bunch. it also holds 200 sounds (more than i will ever need), mine is an older one that does not have foxbang, but it has 4 presets. cabelas had them for $250 a couple months back.

I have had several Foxpro units going back to the FX3 to the CS24 now. I have really enjoyed the CS24 and the sound is great but in all honesty if I could only have one unit the most versatile system I've ever had was a Scorpion in a Yoters Den bag with a SP-55 speaker.

With that rig sitting in the Yoters Den bag it was virtually the same size and weight as anything else that you would carry around with ample volume but you always have the flexibility to pull the Scorpion out and run with it by itself. We can use e-calls for deer in Texas and while it isn't very practical in allot of situations it works out really well for bow hunting. Whether you are rattling or just using a typical grunt or bleat, having the ability to get the sound away from you has a huge advantage when you are sitting in a tree with a bow in your hand. And, in all honesty the small cone speaker sounds great for those "deep" sounds. I realize that using an e-call for deer isn't everyone but it has worked well for me on occasion.

Mostly what it comes down to is your hunting style and what you're trying to accomplish in a day of calling. I tend to walk a long ways most days I'm out calling, so a very lightweight, portable caller was in order. I chose the Scorpion, and it has done wonders for me. No, it's not as loud as the Foxpro models that have the conical speakers as the ends, but what's most important is that it fits my style. I still carry two or three different hand calls to really make some noise, spread the sounds out, and focus them in specific locations while on stand.

Shockwave. Just do it, you won't regret it. It will last you many years and you never have to second guess yourself.

I went from FX3 to FX5 to Firestorm. Id honestly be happy with any of them. The edge going to the Firestorm for its fancy remote.

Gerbs,

is there anything that you dislike about the shockwave?

And do you use all the extras on it....foxfade, foxdata,, ......?

what is the best feture you think it has?

how is the size and weight?

My oppinion, scorpion. Easy to pack, it's great for wooded and small fields, if you get in the open country or windy days, add the sp- 55 or two, and your good to go.

I've had several and for last couple years have exclusively been using the CS-24. I'm tempted to get a Shockwave, and probably will -- but I will keep the CS-24.

Best FP caller?

I like the Fury better than any of em. Fairly small, light and easy to carry. Can play it soft or is capable of being very loud. Has FHSS so the remote normally works when you need it to.

I ain't about to carry an extra speaker,

to plug into a caller,

to get it to play loud enough,

for the particular place I'm calling.

Why anybody would do that is beyond me. But then again, why people do a lot of the things they do in this game of predator calling is beyond me. Maybe it's human nature to over complicate things?

This is why I carry a extra speaker, to plug into my caller.

I have less than $250 dollars in my scorpion And sp-55 speaker, might have a extra speaker to carry in my fannypack, but for half the price of fury, cs-24, I would do it again and keep the money I saved in the bank

Last edited:
Back