fox jack decoy at night

bomberhat

I have a fox jack on my FoxPro and was curious if anyone has used this at night with the little LED that lights it up. I have had success with this in the day never had a chance to take it out this past season at night. Thanks

I've used mine at night, I can't see how it would hurt. haven't had enough come in to tell for sure. Had one come in this winter and my buddy said it was real close to call, got downwind of it and boogied. I didn't get to see as I was facing other direction, wished I would have though, he missed with his shotgun.

First night I took mine out, had a coyote almost slide right over it trying to come to a stop on the wet grass. Also the first night with my 17rem and didn't have a round chambered
tongue.gif
. Never got a shot off. Had several foxes come in to it at night as well. Had several coyotes come to it in the daylight too.

Mine served me well this past season both in the day and during my night calling. On real dark nights I didn't use it as much as when the moon was full.

I ordered one last week and will get it probably tomorrow.

I was thinking that I would mount it very close to the bushes so that the movement that it does, makes some bushes noises and the predators think somethink is really there and moving about.

tall grass is the worse of the two. it just wraps the blade around it and gets pulled right to the ground. I it's in the fall you could try taking off decoy topper and just have the metal part whipping into some dead leaves, but you would need a perfect spot for that. you may be able to pull of what you're thinking without the topper on it, but I think you'll need some small lightweight bushes.

If you're not gonna be too far from the caller you could always try some para cord with a carabiner on one end and attach it to the bushes and pull on it.? I've been debating this and just can't see wrapping the cord up every stand, I think it would be a good idea though.

let us know what you come up with.

Last edited:
have you tried putting a small paper bag over the decoy and taping it off at the bottom, so it hits the bushes or limbs on a low tree, just a thought

Originally Posted By: larrybhave you tried putting a small paper bag over the decoy and taping it off at the bottom, so it hits the bushes or limbs on a low tree, just a thought

Sounds like a good idea, will try this out when I go hunting in a few days when I go hunting.

Problem solved !!!!

As getting the idea from larryb, I came up with a solution and it works !!!

I used this type of plastic bag. (I don't know what this plastic bag is called in English) Just put the decoy in it and close the locks and thats it. Then place it in the bushes
smile.gif
It shakes the bushes ok without getting tangled up.

61n5.jpg

Here is a video I shot in my garden
Click here for Dropbox Video Streaming

Last edited:
I've use mine at night had a male last year try to run it over. As for the tall grass I have my spitfire on a tripod to elevate it I have also hung it upside down from a limb with the decoy hanging down just above the brush.
J

Back