is night coyote hunting legal in WA?

The Big Sleep

All of the different wa hunting sites post contradictory information.

Can someone please tell me if I can hunt coyotes at night.

My area in western wa is crawling with them at night. I get them 20 yards out of the back of my house and hear them all over the area.

I'm open to meeting some new people if you want to join the night hunt.

My first post!

Yes, night hunting is legal in Washington. Just like anywhere you need to be in a hunting area with your small game license. The regs here are confusing on this topic.

Be aware of your proximity to houses. Gunshots at night can bring unwanted company.

Night hunting of coyotes is legal in Washington, but not during deer and elk season. It is also legal to hunt with a sound suppressor here, if the tax is paid and the suppressor is federally registered.

Hey what area of Western Washington are you from? I am from up north and am just getting into predator calling so if you have any advice it would be appreciated.

Hey I am up here in Whatcom County I realize the post is oldBut maybe you troll on here once in awhile.I have private land for Yotes and made the switch to Archery for Deer.

Did some research in 2011 for all 50 states. WA is one of the more liberal states allowing both night hunting as well as use of night vision. Here is the posting on my website regarding night hunting in WA:

Washington

Night Hunting: Allowed, coyotes, bobcats, and raccoons may be hunted at night during established bobcat and raccoon seasons. All other game animals cannot be hunted at night
Night Vision: Allowed, not restricted per the WA 2010-2011 Hunting Seasons & Regulations booklet for those species that can be legally hunted at night. Verified with WDFW division of law enforcement.
Phone: 360-902-2936

U'll have a blast night hunting. I gave up a bad habit when I started night hunting...... And that bad habit was day hunting here in the East!

Back