New Gun arrived today...LIKE CHristMaS time! Questions??

Kevin2

I did a lot of night hunting last year & as soon as this gun was announced, I put in an order. You have to use Rimfire here in Michigan, so this was a big step up from the 22Mag. Been on order for 6 months or so I'd say, kinda forgot about it! The call came yesterday & I got it all done up today.

Question is, would you use this during the day in your area for yotes & fox, or would you stick with your 223 (that is what I use during the day)??

Got the new Coyote Light on it, oow!

IMG_1846_zps582941c3.jpg

IMG_1848_zps5e0b5bf2.jpg

IMG_1845_zps9cae3c55.jpg

The new Winchester Super Magnum 17 round with the new Savage B Mag Rimfire rifle that looks to be a centerfire bolt action gun. Pretty sweet. It ain't my 270, but it surely is a step above my 22LR & 22Mag.

Can't wait to get to the range...

Last edited:

I'm betting it will be a wonderful fox outfit. Field experience over a period of time will tell how it stacks up against coyotes, but I'm also betting it will put them down under 100 yards - if a good bullet is available for it, and shots taken carefully.

I ordered mine the week they announced them. Went to Cabelas & placed the order. Took 6 months or so. I love the trigger on the savage, so when Savage said they wree going to produce one & give it a brand new centerfire look & configuration, I was sold. I found some ammo, but it ain't easy right now.

I'd prefer the faster 20gr/3000fps rounds, but I'm happy to have the 25grainers for now!

Originally Posted By: SeaarkshooterKevin, care to share how you got a hold of one with another desperate Michigander?

I got this rifle at start of season last year. The first few coyotes I connected with ran off. One was 10-20 yards away. I stopped using this rifle on coyotes . If you do, aim between the eyes.

Back