Anybody know more about this older Sako Vixen L461 .222 Mag

like i said i have a few sakos and 800-1200 a used one in good shape is fair depending on the model and caliber.i have a friend that has that same gun and it will shoot under .5 moa all day long with factory 55gr ammo..

good luck, i hope u get it....

I just picked up a couple of them in 222. One sporter for $700 and one varmint for $600. Nice little rifles. Will continue watching for good deals on them too.
grin.gif

Well, try as I may, I cannot get through the process for posting a couple of pictures of a 1964 Sako Vixen Deluxe Grade Bofors Steel .222 Remington with a J. Unertl 4x scope attached. Note this is a deluxe model; it looks fancier than the one you show.
I purchased the rifle while stationed in Germany in 1964; ordered through the rod and gun club; imported; price $118.00; still in excellent condition; fired perhaps 50 times when ground hog hunting in Virginia and jackrabbit hunting in West Texas.
The instructions for processing the photos do not agree with the display on the Photo Bucket website. . .I really don't see why I cannot post direct from my PC.

Well, try as I may, I cannot get through the process for posting a couple of pictures of a 1964 Sako Vixen Deluxe Grade Bofors Steel .222 Remington with a J. Unertl 4x scope attached. Note this is a deluxe model; it looks fancier than the one you show. I purchased the rifle while stationed in Germany in 1964; ordered through the rod and gun club; imported; price $118.00; still in excellent condition; fired perhaps 50 times when ground hog hunting in Virginia and jackrabbit hunting in West Texas. The instructions for processing the photos do not agree with the display on the Photo Bucket website. . .I really don't see why I cannot post direct from my PC.

I own several L461 Sakos of which two are in 222 Rem Mag caliber. They are both factory original and function just fine with both factory 222 Rem Mag ammo and with my hand loads. I've never seen the actions as being too small to cause a problem with the cartridge.

I also own an AI action Sako re-barreled in 222 Rem Mag and it too functions extremely well with the cartridge.

In addition to those, I also own A couple of L461 and AI Sakos chambered in 223 Rem that are also very nice, smooth functioning, accurate rifles.

One thing that can be said for any Sako is that they are all generally extremely accurate rifles that have gained significant value in recent years. I'd grab it in a minute.

Your rifle also has a pair of the period correct Sako scope rings. If you look closely at the rear ring, you'll see it has a small tab that fits into a matching notch in the back end of the integral rear mount. This feature, in addition to the large, round, finger tightenable "nut" makes the scope a removable, return-to-zero mounting system. I installed these ring mounts on my Sako 75's when I bought them several years back even though Sako had introduced an "improved" system that was supposed to be for the 75's.

I have an old vixen that my dad gave me back in the mid 80's when I was a you boy it's a 222 and god I love that rifle they are the cream of the crop right there if could ever find another one for a reasonable price I'm gonna get me another one. You can't beat that little action they are truly top of the line!!!

Here is a 222 Mag with a Burris 3-9x40 LRS on it that I picked up not long after this thread originated. My other one was a heavy barrel 222 Rem that I still regret trading away:

D43F2DCE-0F0E-4F23-9779-ED4BCB3D7E84-302-0000002AD6C70274.jpg

714E97B6-2686-43AF-93AB-D78FCAAA682D-302-0000002B09533B09.jpg

Have a good Independence Day eveyone. And take a minute to remember what it's all about....

Back