*DELETED*

Just a Idea, but I sometimes use my 300 Win.Mag on Groundhogs too ,but i use the same load as i use for deer ,that way I use the same Ballistics information for both,this way you dont have to remeber Ballistics for Both .The Groundhog doesn't care what you hit it with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Had that idea also dave. Not really looking into ballistics just yet, just want to get a feel for the gun and get accustomed to the weight, recoil, etc. Plus i wanna see how fast i can saftly send one of those "lightweights" downrange and the resulting "impact" on a groundhog....thanx for the reply though....

I shot winchester Silvertip ballistics 150 gr and they shoot flat out to 250 yards. I shot a couple g-pigs at 350 yards with it and only held about 1.5 foot high. Worked for me. The shells cost too much to shoot at g-pigs.

Use the 125 Nosler BT here in my Sendero, 78.5 gr. Accurate 4350 with CCI M-34 primer. Running at 3500fps with 5 shot groups under an inch and 3 shot groups punching one hole.

Ruggedcountry,
I was unaware that Remington was producing guns in the WSM calibers.....Wish i would have know that...I would have bought the same game you have. Oh well, Thanx for the load!!

Not a problem....Did get my hopes up a little though.....lol

Anyone else got any info, advice, anything on this. Thanx again..

Rem is producing the 300SAUM tho. Just bought the powder and brass yesterday to start playing with it. Picked it up in Nov. last year, won a Whitetail Hunt in Mo. as a Hunters Ed Instructor. Been wanting a .30 carry weight rifle and that was just the excuse I needed to adopt one and bring it home. Preformed very well with the factory 150's.

Back