Tactical Night Vision

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Topic Options
#2510503 - 06/22/13 05:53 PM Wild dog hunting in Australia (Tom Varney)
kodiak61 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Goldendale, Washington
Here is a neat video maybe some of you have not seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mioD47T8-YM

If you watch the entire video and think what you seen was interesting you can search out Tom Varney on the internet and catch some more good stuff.

The guy has put down his fair share and has some neat things to say.

Edited by kodiak61 (06/22/13 06:00 PM)

Patrick Henry

#2510512 - 06/22/13 07:13 PM Re: Wild dog hunting in Australia (Tom Varney) [Re: kodiak61]
Displayed Name Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: P.E.I., Canada
Thank you very much for sharing the video, I've seen a video or two on youtube before with him but that was pretty good. A man I would love to have put some time in with hunting with. To have been through as much as he has good and bad I can't really try to imagine some of the problems he's dealt with. Excellent post.

#2510582 - 06/22/13 10:37 PM Re: Wild dog hunting in Australia (Tom Varney) [Re: kodiak61]
6mm06 Offline
PM senior

Loc: USA

Tom Varney and I have become acquainted through correspondence over a period of time. I met him through an Australian friend whom I have hunted with, VicFox on the forums. I have not met Tom in person, but feel like I know him through our numerous letters and watching his videos. He also sent me a copy of his book, From Gutter to Glory. A wonderful book and worth checking out if you can get a copy. It's a story of Tom's remarkable life.

Tom has some great videos, mostly of fox calling. He does a remarkable job calling foxes with a fox whistle. I have tried unsuccessfully to help him get a start here in the US for his videos. I contacted Stony-Wolf and sent them a copy of one of the fox videos, but they rejected it. I guess the market is so saturated with hunting videos that it's hard to get a start, plus the fact that the hunting is in Australia and not the US.

Tom sent me master copies of his videos with permission to distribute them here in the US. Problem is, finding the right source for market.

If anyone has suggestions, I would be anxious to hear. I would love to see Tom's videos get a start here.

#2510663 - 06/23/13 10:17 AM Re: Wild dog hunting in Australia (Tom Varney) [Re: kodiak61]
Displayed Name Offline
Die Hard Member III

I think Terry and the MOJO crew need to book some flights and get down there for some cull action. I'm sure Byron could be convinced to tag along.

#2511776 - 06/26/13 02:01 PM Re: Wild dog hunting in Australia (Tom Varney) [Re: kodiak61]
BT Calls Offline

Loc: Nancy Ky
Thanks for sharing!!!

#2512346 - 06/28/13 05:46 AM Re: Wild dog hunting in Australia (Tom Varney) [Re: kodiak61]
Aussie Howler Offline

Loc: Victoria, Australia
I would be on of the new generation dog hunters mentioned here in Aus.
Toms Videos got me started on the dogs over here, he has been one of the most helpful contacts in the businness. Since contacting him I have learned to call the dogs in also, a purely chilling feeling to call in a pack.
I can't imagine how many people contact him for advice yet he seems to make time for everybody. I never get the feeling he is not interested or to busy to help out when ever I have called him.

#2512360 - 06/28/13 08:07 AM Re: Wild dog hunting in Australia (Tom Varney) [Re: kodiak61]
mojoman Offline
PM Sponsor

Loc: U.S.A.
Good thought Displayed Name. As Chuck's little boy says "I'm on like a chicken bone" whatever that means ? Anyone know how to contact Tony or maybe Aussie Howler can help me. If we can find someone to help us over there, we will do it.

#2512588 - 06/28/13 11:02 PM Re: Wild dog hunting in Australia (Tom Varney) [Re: kodiak61]
Displayed Name Offline
Die Hard Member III

You da man! Getter done.

#2512915 - 06/30/13 08:59 AM Re: Wild dog hunting in Australia (Tom Varney) [Re: kodiak61]
Displayed Name Offline
Die Hard Member III

Aussie Howler was that your video last year shooting 3 or 4 wild dogs with a .222Rem? If so will you link it into this post. That was some nice shootin.

Moderator:  220_Swift, Infidel 762, Redfrog 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.