.243 Heavy Barrel

Winchester offers the Coyote Light too. Good choice going with a .243HB. Four years ago I bought a .22-250 HB, should have gone for the .243 instead.

I have a Remington 700 SPS varmint in 243 and it's a real shooter. I did recently upgrade the stock but haven't had a chance to shoot it since then because of working so much. With the cheap tupperware stock it shot great, I just didn't like the ballance of it.

I just put a savage .243 together with a lothar walther 24" varmint barrel on it and a savage model 12 varmint stock.
It weights 11lbs and shoots 75 and 87gr V-max's great.

My total cost to build this rifle was on par with what I would have paid for a new stock savage.

i have a xbolt varmint stalker, its not a really heavy barrel, but heavier than the standard.

Its an accurate rifle and balances nicely. so actually lugging it around isn't bad at all.

I bought a used Remington 700 heavy barrel 243win that was built in 1959. That shoots better than I can hold. I got a very good deal on it from a swat team. They went to 308win and 300win/mag. I love older 700's and early Ruger's M77.

Originally Posted By: dan brothersfactory rifle... savage LRP 243... 950.00 Dan has a good idea especially if you can't get a remington or a pre garcia sako

Last edited:
Back