Colorado Recall Effort Garners Double Required Signatures

hm1996

Staff member
Congratulations Colorado! Ya done good; don't let up.

May 24, 2013: Democratic State Senate President John Morse, standing, talks with his field organizer, James Howald, as they and volunteers work on their weekend strategy to encourage voters not to sign petitions for his recall at the Democratic Party offices in Colorado Springs, Colo. (AP)

Quote:
Recall looms for Colorado lawmaker who supported gun control bill

Published June 04, 2013
FoxNews.com

May 24, 2013:

KDVR reports the group turned in over 16,000 signatures, more than double the 7,178 valid signatures needed, to the Colorado Secretary of State's office in the effort to recall Colorado Senate President John Morse.

“This sends a strong message,” Rob Harris, who delivered three boxes full of petitions to the office, told KDVR. “We’ve obtained enough signatures to recall a state legislator for the first time in the history of Colorado.”

The Secretary of State’s office now has 15 days to determine whether enough of the signatures are valid, and then Morse's office has another 15 days to contest the validity of the signatures.

Morse tells KDVR he is going to fight the recall effort.

“We’ll go through these signatures with a fine-toothed comb,” Morse told the station. “And we’ll file some protests with the Secretary of State’s office because we know a lot of these signatures were gathered based on misinformation and lies.”

He also insisted he will not resign his seat to avoid a recall election.

“This is a hill worth dying on,” Morse said. “This is a fight worth having; it’s a fight we’ve already had on the floor of the Senate; it’s a fight worth winning.”

Last week, the non-profit America Votes, which lists New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg among its backers, released a video in support of Morse.

The recall effort is also receiving financial help from national non-profits. However, Harris claims it was a grassroots effort.

“I ran this recall,” he told KDVR. “Not the N.R.A. It sends a message to Denver and Washington, DC that we, the people, are watching and that we will do something about it.”

The effort against Morse has become a national focus of efforts to push back against lawmakers from moderate districts who support ratcheting back gun rights.

Gun-rights activists are seeking to recall another Democrat, a senator from Pueblo. Signatures in that effort aren't due until next week.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/.../#ixzz2VGAP4pOw

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
I love it... I sent the effort $30... Best $30 I have spent in a long time.

Funny part is they are worried about voter fraud, and are going to check the names etc. Yet they also pushed through the same day voter registration bill.

Hypocrites!

Originally Posted By: elksI love it... I sent the effort $30... Best $30 I have spent in a long time.

Funny part is they are worried about voter fraud, and are going to check the names etc. Yet they also pushed through the same day voter registration bill.

Hypocrites!

Typical liberal/progressive tactics. Look what Witholder did to Texas (and other states) that passed voter ID laws in an effort to insure that the dead lost their vote and no one voted more than once. (If anyone doesn't know, he filed suit against Tx. which prevented implementation of the voter ID law prior to the 2012 elections. Not sure where it stands at the moment, but our AG vowed to appeal the court ruling.)

Regards,
hm

I sit here everyday thinking that it is going to be the day somthing pushes everyone over the edge, Just how much are the American people going take? When i came back from V N the world had changed we were spit on and cussed at an the uniform that i wore was a excuse to redicule me an my brothers an sisters in service, I like the soilders before me and after fought for the rights of all, we have the Gov. doing what they want an not what the people want. Thank god for the people doing the recall right will always prevail.

USMC 68-72

Originally Posted By: steve alexanderI sit here everyday thinking that it is going to be the day somthing pushes everyone over the edge, Just how much are the American people going take? When i came back from V N the world had changed we were spit on and cussed at an the uniform that i wore was a excuse to redicule me an my brothers an sisters in service, I like the soilders before me and after fought for the rights of all, we have the Gov. doing what they want an not what the people want. Thank god for the people doing the recall right will always prevail.

USMC 68-72

+1 Thanks for your service, Steve.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996
Gun-rights activists are seeking to recall another Democrat, a senator from Pueblo. Signatures in that effort aren't due until next week.

Word I got is, WE HAVE ENOUGH! But we're trying to get an additional 2000 for a decent buffer.

The b i t c h is going down in flames!!!!

He can fight all he wants, when you have more than double the number of required signatures, he isn't going to beat it. And, he can run all of the Bloomberg paid for ads he wants, but when he just rammed through measures to alienate every gun owner in the state, just cost SEVERAL HUNDRED people their jobs or forced them to move to another state, just increased everyone's utility bills a couple hundred percent, and the list of BS that the Democrats in that state legislature has shoved down the people's throats goes on extensively... I'm thinking there are just a WHOLE BUNCH OF FOLKS that want to see him gone, whether they own guns or not!! So I'm thinking he's toast!! As are a number of others!!

Y'all go get 'em doggin!

Off the record... Can anyone tell me why a group of grown men would have a cardboard cutout of Obama standing in the corner, that hadn't been used for target practice?
huh.gif

Doggin, I hope you guys stomp a mud hole in their a s ses and then walk it dry. Run em clear out of state. Ship them to bloombergs address c.o.d.

Sure hope so, the word I got from several large donators of the NRA that live in the area said the senator has received 20K and 30K from donators in Denver and 40K came from someone in DC. I am down near her district and shop some in Pueblo and get powder and primer there if the price is right. They can not stand her, wonder how they elected her. Emailed her several times but no response.

WOOOO HOOOO.

We got enough signatures (PLUS about 2000 for a good cushion).....

Unless something very weird happens, jiron WILL BE UP FOR RECALL.... Bye, bye stupid b****.

thumbup.gif

Just heard this.

Round 1: Signatures for the Morse recall have been counted/validated. I forget how many they found that were invalid and it really doesn't matter. What DOES matter is THERE WAS STILL 3000 valid signatures OVER WHAT WAS REQUIRED!

This is good news. Very good.

Round 2: Now the Morse camp has 15 days to go through all the signatures with a fine tooth comb and find fault with as many as they can.

The jiron signatures are now in the first stage of being validated. I hope sooooo bad we come out as good with the signatures for her as we did with morse.

Fingers crossed!

Wasn't to long ago I would of highly recommended Colorado as a good place to take up residence.

Not so much these days. And it seems to keep getting worse.

I saw in the Pueblo paper this week the Giron will not resign and it will cost the tax payers 200k. If she resigns the Dems. just appoint someone to take her place. Same for the other guy. Where in the heck is this state going to get 400k of tax payer dollars? They already lost tax from millions of dollars the first three weeks of the gov. singing the gun laws. I bet they cut benefits for seniors and vets. That is the way those donkeys work.

Originally Posted By: semo97I saw in the Pueblo paper this week the Giron will not resign and it will cost the tax payers 200k. If she resigns the Dems. just appoint someone to take her place. Same for the other guy. Where in the heck is this state going to get 400k of tax payer dollars? They already lost tax from millions of dollars the first three weeks of the gov. singing the gun laws. I bet they cut benefits for seniors and vets. That is the way those donkeys work.

Haven't you heard, we have a billion plus surplus that is going to go to the wonderful Dept. of Education. Whooo Hooo!

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesWasn't to long ago I would of highly recommended Colorado as a good place to take up residence.

Not so much these days. And it seems to keep getting worse. I'll second that! I lived on the West slope in Carbondale for 35 years. Finally decided I'd had enough of the BS and Californication! Moved to where I can actually afford to live. I miss the mountains and the hunting but not the Demo-liberals that are taking a once great state on the path to ruin!
thumbdown.gif

I just heard on the news::

THERE WERE ENOUGH VALID SIGNATURES TO HAVE A RECALL ELECTION FOR angela jiron!!!!!!

I'm so freaking happy I could spit...... For much different reasons, I'll bet she's doing a little spitting of her own.

Now her camp(the dems) have some time(not sure how long) to go through the sigs with a fine tooth comb and come up with any BS they can come up with to get the recall shut down.

What a shot in the arm, what a victory it would be, if we can get morse and this bi tch recalled.
thumbup.gif

Fingers crossed..

Back