misery. But not before getting one of the coyotes. Calves are
so darned cute when they are just a few days old, and that one
was no exception.

Upon seeing the photos in this thread, I thought, "They are
cute at that age.", but I know only too well what they do when
adults. It's easy for me to see why a rancher wants any and all
coyotes destroyed.

What really slays me is that most of the anti's who would have
a fit over the photos here have no qualms over aborted humans.
Perhaps there should be more photos of them in some forum
somewhere.

Originally Posted By: Dirt NapGood job Brownie! Being from Cali explains a lot! \
Was that directed towards me ?Not everyone from here is liberal the central valley is conservative as any place.

Originally Posted By: rockinbbarI don't have one of the emoticons of eating popcorn, so I'll just sit back, and watch the show mostly from the fence...
cool.gif

~Barry

Here you go, I'll let you borrow one of mine while I use the other one. ___

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357When one stumbles upon a nest of Rattlesnakes they should only remove the parents?

+1. Pretty much ends the discussion!

Originally Posted By: FursniperOriginally Posted By: rockinbbarI don't have one of the emoticons of eating popcorn, so I'll just sit back, and watch the show mostly from the fence...
cool.gif

~Barry

Here you go, I'll let you borrow one of mine while I use the other one. ___

Popcorn and beer isn't a bad combination at all!
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: JeepyjerI call and kill adult dogs. Those are like picking off squirrels if you guys thing that makes you a coyote hunter then go for .I want a challenge that's why I don't kill the ones I find in the fields they are to easy like shooting pups out side a den.I thought this a hard core calling forum a person would think it was with all the custom call makers.

you kill adult dogs!!?? that is worse than killing baby coyotes!!!

the difference between you and alot of us is that we take care of coyotes for our ranches and others ranches. apperantley, you are just a weekend warrior that does it for the thrill. we do it for the bottom line of profit at the end of the year!

i find no offense in these pics. it is how this works in the real world.

do you age all the coyotes "on the hoof" before you deccide to shoot them???

Originally Posted By: jglynnOriginally Posted By: JeepyjerI call and kill adult dogs. Those are like picking off squirrels if you guys thing that makes you a coyote hunter then go for .I want a challenge that's why I don't kill the ones I find in the fields they are to easy like shooting pups out side a den.I thought this a hard core calling forum a person would think it was with all the custom call makers.

you kill adult dogs!!?? that is worse than killing baby coyotes!!!

the difference between you and alot of us is that we take care of coyotes for our ranches and others ranches. apperantley, you are just a weekend warrior that does it for the thrill. we do it for the bottom line of profit at the end of the year!

i find no offense in these pics. it is how this works in the real world.

do you age all the coyotes "on the hoof" before you deccide to shoot them???
Baby coyotes!! [beeep] sounds like a city person baby cow's I hate that.I know den hunting has to be done but bragging about it like it was such a big accomplishment was what got to me I guess.
Week end warrior!! no I kill them during the week days too.
B91E85E4-BB6C-4CD1-B9E5-9666CBD7FA1A-1004-000001DFEDD59F26_zps71ca97cc.jpg

Last edited:
i dont have a clue on how many you kill a year, and really dont care, but i kill enough to argue with just about anyone on here.

We own one of the largest cattle ranches in southeast oklahoma and i see just as many coyotes as the next person.

im not saying posting the pics of dead pups on here is right or wrong, but it is something that has to be done to help with control. in just a few short months, these pups will be hunters as well. by calving season here, you will see YOY coyotes taking part on eating a dead calf or dead cow.

and what sounds like a city person to me is someone who claims to be an accomplished coyote hunter calling them dogs! they are coyotes, not dogs! I hate that...... the "baby coyote" was a poke at you for claiming you only shoot adult coyotes. you claim denning needs to take place but then you claim you dont do it. this tells me you are not fully vested in trying to control coyotes on your ranch.

Last edited:
The reality is this , if a person has a problem with a thread or pics they'd get a whole lot farther by sending a respectful private message to the author explaining that hey i know killing pups is part of the whole deal but the pictures and story make us all look bad and I'd appreciate it if youdremove it or refrain from posting such.

Not bash him and claim it makes you sick and claim how poor of a sportsman he is.

Option one will get ya a heck of alot farther.

What I can't call them dogs but you call the off spring pups what's the logic in that.Don't blow a blood vessel it's just a discussion.
What's a YOY is that like a yote'...
lol.gif

a coyote's young is called a pup. but a coyote is just a coyote, not a dog.

Last edited:
YOY has nothing to do with yote....or dog or dawg or whatever else you wana call them. simply just a coyote.

So, should one call them "coyote" or "coyotie"? When I was a kid,
seems like everyone in the Midwest called them "coyotes", while
the Californians (before they were totally invaded by the libs
of the Northeast, and becoming Kalifornians) called them
"coyoties". But more and more, it seems they are being called
"coyoties" by more and more people. What gives? What's the
correct pronunciation, Song Dawgs?
ohmy.gif

coyote or coyotie, its just a matter of where you are from. i can live with that.lol. but yotes, dogs, dawgs, ect. drives me nuts.haha. Canine, yes. Dog, NO!!!

Last edited:
I thought we call ourselves predator hunters? What I really don't get that is if it was 4 months later say in October nobody would have a problem with shooting those same coyotes. Makes no sense to me. If you find a nest of killer bees or a bunch of baby black widows in your back yard are you gonna wait until they grow up and look and act like adult killer bees and black widows before you kill them or are you gonna dispose of them no matter how old they are? If you would kill those baby spiders but throw stones at someone who kills young coyotes I'm sorry sir that makes you a HYPOCRITE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back