2013 Manitoba Black Bear

wilydawg

Just got back from Manitoba black bear hunting. Went last year and passed on a number of bears, one was a large black. Didn't end up taking one last year as I was looking for a big color phase I never saw. Continued my hunt this year and when I saw this one I knew he was the one!

He's a beautiful chocolate color - squared 7'4" and was over 400 lbs. They were saying he would have easily topped 500 lbs in the fall. Green scored his skull and he's a little over 20" - he easily makes Manitoba all time record book and depending on shrinkage should make awards B & C.

Great time there, beautiful Country, awesome people and pretty hot pike fishing too!

Oh yeah, love that big ol' pumpkin head!
thumbup.gif
Very nice bear sir.

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeNice !

Weapon ?

Thanks for the comments guys!

I used my Marlin 1895 SBL 45.70 with a 350 gr. Beartooth Pile Driver hand load - very effective!

Beauty! That is on my bucket list. The wife wants to go to a camp where we could fish in the morning and then while I am out hunting the afternoon/evening she could lay around and read, nap and in general just relax and de-stress.

Originally Posted By: GCBeauty! That is on my bucket list. The wife wants to go to a camp where we could fish in the morning and then while I am out hunting the afternoon/evening she could lay around and read, nap and in general just relax and de-stress.

Then the place I go is definitely right up your ally GC! You stay in cabins right on a beautiful lake that's loaded with northern pike & smallmouth. You have use of a boat all day to fish, then head for your stand around 3:00 in the afternoon. Your wife can relax around the lake or in the cabin until you return at night.

"Nice... Rug... mount...?

Start booking.... I'm sure 6-8 guys would sign up"

Having a rug made. And there's no upside for me but I'm happy to provide contact information to anyone who's interested in going.

Last edited:
Back