Finally got my coyote mount back after 12 year wait

Ricky Bobby

Man this mount is bringing back lots of memories for me! I was just a teenager when I took this thing & my dad was with me on the hunt. We called him in with a Johnny Stewart cassette caller. I think it weighed in around 42 or 43 lbs.

Anyway, I lived @ home yet when I got the mount and eventually met my wife and moved off to start my own family. Well, the wife was not real fond of the mount and long story short it got left behind with the folks. The other night I was over @ pops house and he says "Why don't you take that coyote mount of yours home with you".

.... AND SO IT CAME HOME !!!
grin.gif

Now keep in mind that this mount is roughly 18-19 years old already but please tell me your thoughts on it. I always thought it was a pretty neat mount & it reminds me of when I 1st discovered this great sport!

I hope you have enjoyed.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 204GunnerIs your wife more accepting after all these years?

She smiled at me when I carried it in & said she hoped that it would never find it's way back ... she says it kinda creeps her out, being around it.
grin.gif

I haven't done any mounts since we've been married. Deer or predator/varmints. I can understand. I always tell her if I kill a 200" + whitetail with my bow that she might have to make an exception!

That's the most sinister looking coyote mount I've ever seen. Good mount after all these years but I can see someone getting creeped out by it. I'd be leavin some skid marks in my knickers if I came up on it and didn't realize it was a mount.

Originally Posted By: basdjsThat's the most sinister looking coyote mount I've ever seen.

I really like how the guard hairs are standing up on it's back. Makes it look very realistic & like you have it backed into a corner. The same taxidermist has done many a deer for my dad over the years & he does exceptional work on those too, but he is most respected or known for his turkey mounts which are down right unbelieveable!

Thanks for the compliments folks.
wink.gif

That's an awesome looking mount. She's gotta be a heck of a catch cuz I woulda had a heck of a time leaving that mount behind especially with the story behind it

Back