Need help!! Rem 725 parts

Gunhugger

Hello all,
Would any of you fine fellows know where I might find some trigger parts for my Remington 725? Particularly the safety cam and detent ball spring. I havent been able to locate anything localy (in country) or on-line. If anybody has an old trigger they would be willing to part out or know the where abouts of some NOS stock I would be forever greatfull.
Regards

Good luck, these were only made for 3 years. Im fortunate enough to have a 280 & 30/06..the latter unfired. What caliber is yours?

Originally Posted By: GunhuggerHello all,
Would any of you fine fellows know where I might find some trigger parts for my Remington 725? Particularly the safety cam and detent ball spring. I havent been able to locate anything localy (in country) or on-line. If anybody has an old trigger they would be willing to part out or know the where abouts of some NOS stock I would be forever greatfull.
Regards

The whole trigger for the 722-721-725, and most of the 700s is the same trigger.

You can find the the whole trigger on ebay for not too much.

Or when you ask for parts, ask for the two you need for an early 700, cuz they will be the same and parts are under model # and if it isn't in the 725 box, the clerk will not look in the 700 box (they make $7 an hour and know nothing about guns).

Thanks for the reply's. Travis,its a 30-06 and from the looks of it it hasnt had 20 rounds put through it. I have no idea why but some [beeep] hat took a grinder to the safety cam rendering it useless. I have built it back up with weld and filed it back to where it now works.I have no idea what it looked like originally so I had to guess. The spring however is a different story, it's snapped in two.
Catshooter, the 725 trigger is different from the 721,722,and 700 in that it has a 3 position safety. The safety cam i'm looking for actually has 2 partial gears cut into it to work with the safety lever and bolt lock.
Thanks again for the reply's, I was kinda hopeing somebody might know where there were some old parts laying around.
Regards

Yea, its a different bird alright, its a 3 position safety unlike the other 720 series guns. I would like to own the whole caliber set, they are really unique.

Back