parker hale 25-06

rio

Just looking for some thought's on parker hale rifles. I see a parker hale 25-06 on the shelf. Looks nice. They are asking 350 for the gun. It looks like a good addition to my collection.
I would like to hear some yea's or nay's on parker hale if anyone has experience with them. Thanks.

I had one in 243 30yrs. ago. It was a good shooter, not 1/2" all day stuff, but good. I'd say at that price it's a pretty decent deal, if it's in good shape.

Is this the one with the Mauser action and a Weatherby style stock? If so, great rifles even though I'm not fond of the stock style. The price is very attractive.

This is the mauser with weatherby style stock. Feels pretty comfortable. Seems like a nice gun. Going to look at it again.

If you will notice, Parker Hale put a lot of meat in the barrel, great for accuracy. Great triggers, I got my 6mm rem down to a 1 lb trigger, and great accuracy.

Bed it, trigger job, freefloat the barrel, you will have a great shooter.

good luck

I had a parker hale heavy barrel .2506 for a few years back in the mid 90s, it shot 1/2 inch groups regular as clockwork with a load with H4831 and 87 grain sierras it loved them.
I swaped the stock for a buttler creek mauser stock all i could get easily at the time, a few mods to the forearm area and a home brew bedding job and it was a decent job.
Actions for the parker hales are spanish made by Antonio Zoli from what i could gather at the time a nice action and i would have another tomorrow.

Last edited:
I bought the 25-06 yesterday. Looks to be a nice rifle. I talked him down to $300.00. Seemed like a great buy in my opinion.
Thanks for the help in making my decision.

Back