H1000 Temp Sensitive?

Rost-SD

I've recently bought a Leupold VXIII CDS (Custom Dial) for my 7mm Mag. I need to shoot my rifle over a chrono then send the info into Leupold so they can match the dial to my load.

My load is 67.1 grains of H1000 with 154 SSTs.

Can I shoot this load in mild to warm temperatures and trust that the ft per second will be roughly the same as in colder temps?

I just don't want to send worthless info into Leupold.

Thanks,

A good ballpark rule of thumb is, that you will lose about one fps. with each degree of temperature drop. Inside 500 yards this is not a big deal for hunting. Some of the Phd's on here may disagree.

I have a Mark AR Leupold on my AR, and on a cold day out at six hundred yards I know I have to add a couple of clicks to get on the steel plate.

You can always get two knobs made, one for cold and one for hot weather. A better way is to get a ballistic app on your phone or tablet, and school yourself on moa and clicks.

Originally Posted By: PopapiOriginally Posted By: EJ ReichenbachH1000 is way more stable than the rest of them Agree!!!

Setting up a 338 RUM last Aug. 98-100gr loads. Iced down loads to a 38.8 deg avg temp going into chamber. 3 shot groups with cool chamber (less than 110 deg). The ambient temp loads were 91 deg. Shot 5 groups of each for a 15 shot avg. the difference was only 31 fps between the cold and 91 deg loads. All temps were take with IR.

RL 25 in same test was 92 fps .....

Back