Heavy Shot Dead Coyote T shot Alternative

Seems the Fed 4buck is the route to go to balance weight against pellet count, I've only had a couple boxes to pattern with, but they've been very promising (can't use Patternmasters, but the Carlson's Dead Coyote choke patterned well with it).

Can't use Patternmasters with 4Buck?

I had a local gun shop order me a box of Hevi-shot 3 1/2 Dead Coyote T shot and when I went to pick them up , I was shocked to find out that the price was $ 60.00 and since I had him order them I bought them . At $6.00 each , I won't be buying anymore . I would like to know if anyone has something that they are having good luck with.

You can get nickle plate lead "F" at Ballistic Products, just had some deliverred to load up some coyote loads in my 16ga.

I really like the Dead Coyote. I shoot it in my Benelli SBE II with the old style Dead Coyote choke. And the guys I hunt with call it the MeatStick. It is deadly on pretty much anything you point it at. I have killed multiple coyotes at more than 55 yards. I know its high dollar but so is diesel so I just live with it.

I killed alot of coyotes with 2 3/4 in. 2 shot lead years ago.Anything inside of 35 yd. was drt.Then I started using bb lead with great results.I was lucky and bought a 25 lbs. bag of #2 lead a year ago.I can't believe they can sell a shell for $5 each., seems down right greedy to me.I remember my wifes grandfather telling me that when he was young,they would buy 3 or for shells at a time because thats all they could afford.Im afraid the next generation might face the same situation.

Originally Posted By: GCThose nickel plated lead BB's from Hornady might be really good - really good. Try them with a non-wad stripping choke because Hornady uses a wad like the Federal Flite Control wad. I would try the regular factory short flush mount Improved Modified and/or the Full choke and see how they shoot.

If not those then a good No. Four Buck load or one of the lead BB loads would be my next pick in the more economical choices. If money weren't a worry then the Federal Heavyweight Coyote load of tungsten BB's would certainly be worth a look.

Are most ported chokes made to strip the wad, excuse the ignorance.
blushing.gif

Originally Posted By: john007Originally Posted By: GCThose nickel plated lead BB's from Hornady might be really good - really good. Try them with a non-wad stripping choke because Hornady uses a wad like the Federal Flite Control wad. I would try the regular factory short flush mount Improved Modified and/or the Full choke and see how they shoot.

If not those then a good No. Four Buck load or one of the lead BB loads would be my next pick in the more economical choices. If money weren't a worry then the Federal Heavyweight Coyote load of tungsten BB's would certainly be worth a look.

Are most ported chokes made to strip the wad, excuse the ignorance.
blushing.gif

Usually... Put a fairly tight patch on a jag and push it through an extended ported choke from the muzzle end of the choke tube. Usually you can do that with no trouble. Now try it from the end that is inside the barrel pushing outward toward the muzzle. Very often those ports will grab that patch and you can't push it through the choke tube without some difficulty and even tearing of the patch material. The sharp interior edges of the ports serve to retard the wad as it passes through the choke tube. With that said however; some ported chokes have other mechanisms that also retard the wad such as progressively tighter rings or raised bumps machined inside.

There is no alternative!

I love the dead coyote loads.. man they are effective.. I will keep paying the $$

However, if I was on a budget, I bet I could find a cheaper load that would satisfy my requirements..

Originally Posted By: grinder67They charge that much because people keep paying that much!!

I keep saying that same thing about these damm gas prices!

But I keep pumping it in the tank like everybody else does.

Hey, let's all stop buying gas. That'll show em.

If we all stop buying gas then global warming will stop and the next ice age will set in and we will all freeze to death.All that will be left will be coyotes.

I use a 3 inch hevyshot B. As its not too far off T size pellets. And its the biggest we are aloud in oklahoma. And half the price of Dead Coyote loads. Shot a dog at 39 yards. It spun the dog in a 180 and Drt. Have also shot a pig (small pig) at 45 yards and drt. I would use 3 1/2 's but that gun got stolen.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: grinder67They charge that much because people keep paying that much!!

Not even close to the same thing. But if you dont get it no use explaining!

Originally Posted By: grinder67Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: grinder67They charge that much because people keep paying that much!!

Rather than saying there is no use in explaining it, why don't you go ahead and make an exception. Just this one time.

Please explain how they are not close to the same.

remington 3" #4 buck...is a perfect pred load(at ext. ranges), dead coyote has a following, and you wont convice some people other wise, my experience at extended ranges 55-70yds thru a 26" long range patty master tube(which patterned good w/ DC), they have ran w/out a sign of pain...40yrds, DC will fold em up , but then just about any load will at that range....just my exp.....

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: grinder67Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: grinder67They charge that much because people keep paying that much!!

Rather than saying there is no use in explaining it, why don't you go ahead and make an exception. Just this one time.

Please explain how they are not close to the same.

People need gas to go to work and make a living for one thing no one needs $6.00 a piece shot gun shells to kill a coyote, a good turkey load will do about as good for 1/8 the cost. Why dont you go ahead and just pay the cashier at the gas station $25.00 for a gallon of gas then maybe you will get better gas mileage because you payed 6 times the going rate. And then your comparison will be in the same state as what every one else is saying. When people figure out just because something costs more doesnt make it neccesary or better in any way they will be way better off. If you want to pay $60.00 for 10 shells then hey more power to you thats your right, after all its not about needs its about wants but i want to save my money!

Back