Glock 20 10mm

That gun is to pretty for me
smile.gif

My pistol is gonna get beat up...bad.

The one time I shot a group on paper with mine I got a 2 5/8 inch five shot group at 25 yards with BB 180gr. Gold Dots.

I've posted several G20 kill pics in the past here, do a search and you will find them.

I have thought about getting one for awhile now, there is a clean used one at a local shop at a reasonable price but the price of ammo scares me a little.

Originally Posted By: freddieI love my 10mm. Probably the most accurate semi- auto I've shot.

+1. Smooth shooting, lot of firepower.

Edit-I took mine straight from the gunstore to the range when it came in. Didn't even clean it(yeah, I know). The first 15 rounds produced a 2" group at 25 yards. Wish I'd taken a picture of it.

Last edited:
I have a G20 SF, with a KKM 6" barrel, launching 180 gr. XTPs.
Very accurate pistol, even with the factory barrel. The KKM
tightens the groups up a bit, but more so it allows for full
power loads in the fully supported chamber. My hand loads
put a slight bulge in the pretty Starline cases in the factory
barrel, where no such bulge happens in the KKM. I shoot the
same load in both, so it is safe, but the brass shows me quickly
which barrel it was fired in.

As for a woods pistol, the G20 is my choice. I hunt with
flushing dogs in wolf country. When the pack comes for my
dog, there will be a pile of dead wolves. The Glock 20 is
the pistol in the holster on the right:

DSCF0010-1.jpg

Of the three in the picture, when I go out in the field,
I have the Glock 20, loaded with 16(15 rnd mag +1), an extra
mag on the holster, and two more in the extra mag pouch, on
the belt. I have 61 rounds of wolf/cougar medicine. It is
going to be a bit noisy for a while.
rolleyes.gif

I don't have a kill shot, but last deer season I had a poor
shot happen with my muzzle loader, when I caught up to the
wounded deer, the 10mm folded it like a cheap tent. I hit
the spine 8" below the base of the head. The 180 gr. XTP
shattered the spine. Definitely accurate and definitely
powerful for a auto pistol cartridge.

Squeeze

I'm using the glock 20 with a slide mounted fast fire 3 and have no problem hitting bowling pins at 50yds with 150 nosler jhp.

Between the Glock 20 and most other 10mms, you will find that the "Felt" recoil is a little less with full house loads (the poly frame is a great absorber)...I made up some 200gr HP rounds that were moving a little over 1,100 fps and they felt much better in the Glock than my other 10mms...

I would agree with an after market barrel to increase accuracy to a more precision level of shooting...A fully supported chamber is easier on your brass, but can cause the weapon to be finicky about what you are feeding it...Not a serious problem, but can cause some concern if you are not aware...

Ive gone back and forth on adding a g20 to my collection but i knowmit would end up in the field with me on hunting trips. The state requires 500ft/lbs at 100 yards for anything that is used for hunting even little 60lb antelope. How easy is it to find a load meets that with a 10mm?

How could they enforce that law? Do the wardens carry chronographs and scales around with them?

My thinking is if they catch you hunting with a cartridge that is not on their list of suitable cartridges you are going to have a hard time explaining yourself irregardless of your particular loads ballistics.

Neither Buffalo Bore or Hornady meet the Energy requirement unless you look to the extremely fast single round from Buffalo Bore at 1600 fps to meet the 500 fpe at 100yds....

I know that BB promotes adding a stronger spring to the firearm to handle the loading, but there are other parts of the weapon about which to be concerned from a safety standpoint...

I will acknowledge that in recent years, the 10mm has been down loaded, in effort to make the recoil more acceptable to the general public, but running extremely hot rounds is not a 'do all' answer either...

Even the loads that BB is promoting is listed at 1350 fps Muzzle Velocity...Heavy 10mm Ammo - 180 gr. Jacketed Hollow Point (1,350fps/M.E. 728 ft. lbs.) - 20 Round Box- and it doesn't meet the 100 yard energy requirement...

I've killed a 110 lb doe with my 10mm (180gr Hornady), but it was not a one shot, DRT situation...Fortunately it ran into a small copse of trees that held it until the finish shot could be taken humanely...

Originally Posted By: justin10mmHow could they enforce that law? Do the wardens carry chronographs and scales around with them?

My thinking is if they catch you hunting with a cartridge that is not on their list of suitable cartridges you are going to have a hard time explaining yourself irregardless of your particular loads ballistics.

The wording off the top of my head is "generally" carries 500 ftlbs... So couldnt really argue that your 380acp is loaded with magic so its legal. But id assume if you had a commercial loading you could carry the box or printout from the webpage that shows youre abiding by the law. And funnily enough you can carry a 44 mag so down loaded its only a noisemaker,but since the 44 'generally' carries the energy its ok.

Interesting that bb shows data that starts out about 300fps faster than what they got from their test pistols. Kind of misleading of you dont read the small print. With their tested speeds it drops below the threshold at around 50 yards.

Skimming, they do have 2 that exceed it at 100 though.

Ive been playing with 460 rowland for a bit, easy to carry in 1911. It worked well on elk last year (close finishing shot that penetrated as well as my partners 300 winnie) but i cant get the pistol to be reliable so looking for an alternative. Not as a primary, just insurance.

Back