FoxPro users...what are you using for your Presets P1/P2

SamboKills

Setting up my Hellfire yesterday and was setting my presets P1 and P2 with P1 being used for Foxbang and was wondering what the masses might be using. My P1 is 054 Rodent distress and P2 is 052 Vole squeaks. I like the 054 rodent dis. because it comes off as really high pitched and kinda shocking at a loud volume whitch I think would be perfect for getting the attention away from the gun shot and back on the caller/decoy. I'll probably change P2 around but its my coaxer and will remain that kind of sound. Whats Your thoughts.

I keep P1 either a pup distress or ki-yi. When fox bang is activated it will sound like a distressed coyote/pup. P2 is usually set to vole squeaks or rodent distress. That way when an animal hangs up, it doesn't take any movement to turn the coaxer on.

Last edited:
If I had only two pre-set sounds P-1 would be Coyote Pup Screams on volume 40. The Pup Screams sound seems like it is louder and higher pitched than the other coyote distress sounds. So far it has worked great for me as the P-1 sound.

P-2 would be Vole Squeaks on volume 20. At least 80% of the time when I switch to Vole Squeaks to coax in coyotes that have stopped 300 to 500 yards away they come in closer after hearing Vole Squeaks.

Originally Posted By: halstead_cI keep P1 either a pup distress or ki-yi. When fox bang is activated it will sound like a distressed coyote/pup. P2 is usually set to vole squeaks or rodent distress. That way when an animal hangs up, it doesn't take any movement to turn the coaxer on.

+1

I'm still learning to find all my misc sounds and settings,I need to read the book some more and get it all filtered into my brain....and hope I can figure it all out?
wink.gif

Oh yeah....new Shockwave Caller!
laugh.gif

Well went out last night right at dark. Called for 20mins nothing came in...just a blind call in an area that has produced coyotes in the past. My P1 will be changed to a PuP something...and P2 will stay at vole squeaks and maybe get changed to Adult Rat distress in the future when I buy some more sounds from fox pro. Anyways started the stand off with fem coy howls and other coyote vocals just to see how it sounded.....WOW its like the dogs were right freakn' there...so clear and real..the HelLFire is really nice. Gonna make a few more stands this weekend...Thanks for the replies Guys.

Preset #1 is always the sound I want to be my FOXBANG....90 % of the time it is Pup Distress #1-#2-#3....
My Preset #2 is always the main sound I want to call with that day....

Back