lost my stainless endura 4

coyote_reaper

Title pretty much says it all. I have carried spyderco for almost 20 years going back to one of their very first delicas. I never did like the pocket clip on this endura because it didn't have the tension of the others I own. I had caught it on a couple of occasions trying to make its escape from my back pocket. I tried to bend the clip a bit like I have done on my delicas to increase the hold but the clip just broke. So I replaced it with a new one and left it alone. Thursday I was working on an open station tractor and used it about 3:30. When I got home that evening it was gone. I spent about three hours kicking around the area I had been working but no luck.
The few times in the past that I have had an issue with a spyderco knife they seemed receptive to hearing about the performance of their knives and were willing to help. I am going to go back to the area I was working and run a big magnet around so I can say I tried. Monday I'm going to call spyderco and tell them what happened. Who knows. Maybe my 2¢ will be incorporated and save one of you guys from losing your favorite spyderco down the road.

Hope you find your knife, good luck with that. Clips design matters; I had a Microtech LCC with a clip that had a little flair at the end sticking out of the pocket. Once as I was exiting my truck the flair caught on the seatbelt and bent out at a 90* angle. Microtech sent me a new clip but it was just like the old one with the flared end and I was always watching out for that knife when I carried it. That is irritating…
frown.gif

While on the subject of clips, I dislike silver colored clips. I'll take a black one every time given a choice. Those silver colored clips draw the eye and stand out as "hey everybody look, I am packing a knife!"

So this took an interesting turn. I have a construction crew working where I lost my knife. Not much of a crew...just three guys. But they've seen me stumbling around looking for it and I had told them about it. Today at noon I asked them to keep an eye out for it and, if they found it, I would make it worth their while. As I suspected, one of them perked up and asked what it was worth. I said "you tell me". He said how about a case of beer. I replied that if he found it I would have a cold case of whatever kind of beer he wanted sitting here waiting for him before he left for the day. Magically I got a phone call about two hours later saying he had found it. Damndest thing. What a coincidence. Lying sack of [beeep]. Either way I got my knife back. Funniest part is he wanted a case of keystone light. Gag. If I had known my $80 endura was only worth an $18 box of cheap swill I would have offered that up from the start and saved myself several wasted hours.
Oh well. I got it back and I'm pretty pleased with that!

Well atleast you have gotten it back. Good deal, too on some cheap brew...

Now, get a nice leather belt sheath for it, and never loose her again!

Glad you got it back but that does pizz a feller off when you know that guy had it in his pocket the entire time. Can't stand a thief...
frown.gif

Congrats on getting it back...Spyderco should fix it so it won't happen again...give them a call. I live here in Denver they are 20 min from my office and they seem to be pretty good about customer care.

Yeah GC it really kind of did. Maybe I am wrong. Maybe he actually did find it like he said. I have serious doubts though considering I had covered the small area where he claimed to have found it no less than ten times at various times of day hoping to catch the right angle of light to see a reflection. I even went out and took one of my stainless delicas an honestly closed my eyes and threw it. I just wanted to see how it landed, what kind of dust cover it would have so I could gauge the reflectivity I could expect and so on. I did that four times. Each time I found it within two minutes.
That's not a bad idea pahntr, but I don't think I could do it. I have had a spyderco in the back right pocket of my wranglers almost every day for as long as I have had spydercos. The sheath would no doubt keep it safe but it would also mess with my mind. I know that sounds dumb but its the truth. Regardless, this is the first one that has ever escaped so I don't think it is an issue with my method of carry but more with the lack of tension this clip provides. I have spares because I ordered several when I broke the first clip. I think I'll get to work on this one and see what I can do with it.

Originally Posted By: coyote_reaper The sheath would no doubt keep it safe but it would also mess with my mind.

That really did make me LOL.
Not very loud though because I'm the same way.
Glad you got your knife back.

I also carry in my back pocket and I have never lost my knife out of the pocket. I carry a Kershaw Scallion in the back pocket and a SOG trident in my front pocket.

I know...2 knives...but that's what I do.

Just two? I bet Charlie has at least four on him at any one time.
smile.gif
Heck, I have three as a general rule, and a fourth and sometimes fifth when hunting.

LOL,,,,, Truth is,, while I NEVER leave the house without a pocket knife, I very seldom carry two and when I do it's only because I might need a fixed blade in a sheath but I just can't bring myself to leave the folder home.

Originally Posted By: RePeteLOL,,,,, Truth is,, while I NEVER leave the house without a pocket knife, I very seldom carry two and when I do it's only because I might need a fixed blade in a sheath but I just can't bring myself to leave the folder home.

I even go to the gym with a folder in my back pack.

Well,,, I've never actually been to a gym (cept in school) so I don't know what the protocol is but if I ever do go to one I assure you I'll have my EDC in my pocket.

Oh,,, and what are these "back packs" you speak of?

Last edited:
Well, I ride a bicycle there...I need somewhere for my protein shake and water bottle. You know what a bicycle is, right? Lol. In Korea, it's walk or bike. So I bike.

I never been much for the gym either, until I hurt my back. Lifting helps a bunch. Plus, I'm finding the AF standards are a little tougher each passing year...

I'm not that old for crying out loud. Of course I know what a bicycle is.

Matter of fact, I still have my first bike.

smile.gif

Back