Baiting

Good shooting, Blusam. And, yea - that is one hog of a dog.
Hope you get him on the ground, guessing over 45 pounds. (rhymes unintended,
wink.gif

Seems I have more coyotes lately coming to the site than I did all winter.

The morning of the 26th I had two coyotes show up, and that's after hearing that the neighbor shot two,
a male the previous day and a female two days prior to that. Seems the yotes are out and about more right now.

Here's some video clips. Click on the photos.

About half way through this video, the second coyote appears. Seems to be a male and female.

During the same time frame of getting videos of these yotes, and after several videos from three different
trail cameras, this one decided to be scared of the camera IR. Coyotes are so unpredictable and hard to figure.

I have three trail cameras at different angles at the bait site. It seems the camera mounted
up close to the bait and low to the ground doesn't scare them much at all, but the other
two cameras that are mounted on a post and a tree scare them often. I can't figure that either.

Haven't put any thing out for nearly a month now, still having regular nightly visits by the one-eared fox and day have been mostly turkeys. Had one close call, almost got footage of a bobcat nailing a turkey. The bird spooked, and beat it outa there - 30 seconds later, in came a lone bobcat licking his chops. Would have been a great clip to capture that one!

Here's one movie of the first appearance of a sow and one little one:

Never get tired of seeing them in the wild...

I usually have lots of activity this time of year. Maybe somethng to do with the den and litters. But it happens. Maybe the aunts and uncles of the litter trying to help provide for the pups. Maybe

You gonna take these blusam or wait for them to fur back up in the fall? The black one would make a nice mount or tube.

I had one visit a couple of nights, but he has lost his winter coat now. I will probably take him if I get chance because I let several pass last year about this time, and it didn't pay off for me last winter.

Look who showed up for lunch!!! I added the carcus of a 170# boar this weekend. The hog came in behind me so no video. I made a good shot and it was a short recovery. This spot is 3 hours away at my hog lease and I can't be there long enough to freshen the bait and wait on customers. I am afraid he might have a short tail.

Well there is your pressure!!! in the back of my mule!!!! I was hunting in the rain and watching a bunch of turkeys when this black one and a Big Blonde One showed up thinking turkey for breakfast. .270 with a 110gr Vmax. 250yds. DRT. Got to work next 4 days but I will be back!!!for Blonde

coyotee_zps81a560e4.jpg
B

Back