Nikon Monarch vs. Vortex Viper?

I have the Monarch in 4-16x50 with BDC on 22-250. And out past 350 it does get challenging trying to hit a p dog with the big circles. Even harder with a crosswind. I love the scope but the reticle isn't what you'll like for p dogs or even coyotes.

I have both,, Vortex PST and the Nikon Monarch 4x16x44 mildot.Both are great for what I use them for,,,overall I'd choose the Vortex but its almost twice the price as well.

I have both Nikons and Vortex scopes. The Nikons sit on hunting rifles, the Vortex is on my pd rig. Better clarity at long range with the Viper. Have several others on various rifles too. The Vortex warranty and customer service is well documented. Haven't heard as much about Nikon.

Now the Razor is leaps above any Nikon I have seen. Of course it is several times the cost too. The Viper still has nice glass and it is several steps down from their high end.

probably a dumb question, but what comparison is the qualtiy of the Viper compared to the Buckmaster? I have 2 buckmaster 6-18 and love them so far. But have been reading alot about the Vortex's and been wanting to pick one up. Havent had a lot of expierence with the monarchs before.

I have two Viper HS LR 6-24x50 in FFP on order.
Having Vortex change the 1/2 MOA elevation turret to 1/4 MOA which was the only negative for me with the scope the way it is offered, since I will use it to and beyond 1K.
I guess to answer the OP, for me, I have never even thought of ordering a Nikon.

Originally Posted By: mudriding350Does vortex have their own version of spot on like Nikon?

Vortex has their own ballistic calculator. Free to use and they have an awesome video on the site that walks you through it.

i dont want to be the odd ball... but i own both scopes.. and to me the nikons glass is better, other than that, i perfer the vortex

Back