Advise? Tasco World Class Plus

Wondering if I can pick anyones brain for information.
I was looking at a Tasco World Class Plus Scope 6-24x50mm to put on a little .22LR. I am wondering what the clarity and quality is like and wether they are durable?
I normally buy Leupold scopes for my guns but for the .22??
Thanks in advance - Mike
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

What kind of 22 (Make and model) are you going to mount the Tasco on?
If there is any way you can swing it, I'd recommend another Leupold. I have 30 22Rimfire rifles, and I go with as good of a scope I can afford. If you don't want to go with a Leupold, the Weaver V-16 and 2-7 are good scopes, better than the Tasco. Weaver T-36 is extremely good for a target 22. One thing important is focus distance. Since most of the shots will be close-in, find a scope that has preset parallax to 50 yards, or get a scope with A/O that focuses down to 10 yards or so. It will make your 22 shooting much more enjoyable. The Leupold 3-9X EFR is as good as it gets. It focuses to around 10 meters as I recall. I have a Weaver 2-7 and must say it a very good bargain at a little over $100. The V-16 (I have two) goes for around $270.
Don

Last edited:
Mike,
Thanks for the info.
The only reason I tried to stear you away from Tacso is from all of the not-so-good press about them on other forums. You can try the Tasco 6-24 and see how it works for you. I don't know how much they cost, or how much you want to spend, so I'm kind of at a stand still on a recommendation. How far away are the gopher shots she'll be shooting? I read good words about the Weaver V-24 also. Not sure what it costs though. I do a lot of scope swaping on mine.
Don

I bought a Tasco 6-24x42. I put it on my 6mm and use it for coyotes. Last week my son shot a coyote at 352 yards. I love the scope. So far I have shoot 13 coyotes with it this season. For the price it is a good scope.

I haven't used the scope you speak of but I have a few of the regular World Class 2.5-10x42 and 3-9x42 mil dot scopes on some of my predator rifles. They all have worked real good for years and never gave me any trouble. All of them still ticking and I beat them around pretty good. In my opinion a good value. I don't cringe spraying it with camo paint either. ha ha.

Like I said though, I haven't used the WC plus 6-24x50.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Nothing wrong with a Tasco world class or world class plus on a rimfire IMHO. I have one on a 22mag, 3-9x40 IR, that I've beat up pretty good and the rifle still shoots great groups. My cuz has one on Parker-Hale 30-06 for 10 years now that still works good and this is his primary hunting rifle up in the U.P. I would highly recommend going to a 40mm objective on this rifle and not a 50.

Guys,
Thanks for all the advise. Appreciate everyones input.
Based on the information everyone provided I decided to pick a scope up and try it. I ordered the 6-20x50mm World Class Plus - last night. I will give it a try.
Thanks - and all the best!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Mike

I have a Tasco 10x40x50 on my 22-250, I like it, it holds a nice zero and I use it primarily for long distance shooting. It loses some clarity at 33-40 power...but for 145 bucks, I am pretty happy with it. For what you are using it for, I would say...Go For it!

Back