Hog Hunting Suppressed

Freefire

Got another hunting story to share with PM forums.

Couple weeks ago, stopped by the ranch where I deer hunt, to hop on the tractor and start on some new food plots for next season.

As I pulled up to the gate, before even putting the truck into park, I could see feral hogs crossing the road some 200 yds down the way. Quickly I turned off the truck and began loading the only gun I had on me at the time, a suppressed CZ 453 22lr with sk pistol hollow point subsonic rounds.

I quickly climbed the fence and began sneaking on the low side of the road toward the activity, keeping them in sight the whole time but staying slow as to not draw attention. Not sure how many had crossed before I got there, but as I got closer, at least a dozen full grown pigs had crossed and all that was left was at least 15 lil piglets in the 20lbs or less range.

As I neared 50 yds out, the remainder of the swine crossed over and were now in an oak flat and obscured by brush. I took the opportunity to close the distance and cross the road, sneaking within 30yds or so before I could see my targets.

As I found a tree for rest, I slowly eased up where I could get an unobstructed view of the action. Focused on the nearest big pig, and waited for a clean ear hole shot. That's when I noticed the closest mature hog was a boar that had an "oreo" pattern, white in the middle and black on both ends.

I eased the safety off and fired, dropping him in his tracks. The suppressor kept the pigs in their place, but at attention, giving me time to break another shot, killing the closest piglet, given I wanted to have some meat for the smoker.

At this point all [beeep] broke loose, hogs running every where! I then focused on another mature pig running through the brush, firing off hand into the body of the big pig with two hits, but not enough to drop it. With one last shot in the magazine, I focused on a piglet confused by the action and dropped it in its tracks.

With an empty gun, I fumbled through my pocket for another round, manually loaded it, and killed another lil one before all action ceased.

All said and done, I had 3 piglets (15-25lbs) and 1 boar (~200lbs). I felt a bit blood thirsty after the shooting stopped, but after smoking the lil ones on the pit, and making pulled pork, all feelings of guilt subsided with the wonderful meal and great taste!

923457B8-6ACC-46B5-BC7B-92F685E1D36D-15638-000001C645E4D686_zps6000f95c.jpg

0F09086A-0506-4632-9A15-954029FCFD18-15638-000001C5E9D6F8E0_zpsda804871.jpg

9C01F923-FD08-4161-A8A3-317C9E73B6F6-15638-000001C6E80EC303_zps0d9c61bc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice!
thumbup.gif
I snuck up on a young sow with three piglets last weekend and shot her and two of the "sandwich pigs" with my .17 HMR. That was a hoot.

this is a couple I took not to long ago with 60gr V-max 223, M845 ge2+SHP, Hunter Town arms kestrel 556 can, it was spot with FLIR and stalk.

Not 400 yards from the property owners house at 2 am, he wants the hogs gone but we cant shoot that close to the house without cans on.

Gotta luv the hollow thumping sound, thump thump thump dead critters
laugh.gif
Thats the way you get rid of some hogs. I enjoy making that sound happen
thumbup1.gif

Back