Hunting in hot weather

nd coyote killer

Do you guys that hunt all year have much success hunting all day. this weekend is my first hunt of the year i have never had any luck in the afternoons this time of year. Do you guys howl them in like randy anderson or do you not change your setup at all in the afternoons? I use a howler a lot so i think that will be the game plan for this weekend any input would be greatly apprecaited.

------------------
"Aim small = miss small"

The best times I have found,any time of the year(except extreme cold days)are daylight to around 10 or 11 in the morning then it slows down quite a bit.Then it starts to pick back up again around 3 or 4 in the afternoon til dark.But there are no cut in stone rules ,I have shot coyotes in the middle of the day when it was 100 degrees out.As far as howling goes I haven't had alot of VOCAL reponse from coyotes in the middle of the day but I have howled and had them come in to my howling without howling back.I have definitely had better success calling coyotes while combining howling with some type of distress sound.Hope that helps.GOOD HUNTING

here in kansas, we have a lot of haying going on right now. freshly mowed hay fields really attract predators cause of all the dead rodents hit by mowers. i like to focus on these fields the first and last 30 minutes of daylight each day. i use extreme stealth and mainly use lip squeaks for best responses. the critters like to lounge in fencerows and shady spots adjancent to the fields. an owl deke and a few crow dekes placed in the field can really enhance the look of the calling stand. good luck in the heat. ksboy

Thanks Utcaller that was what i had in mind.

Ksboy thanks i will keep that in mind that makes a lot of sense.
Anyone else i leave on friday midafternoon so i will stop here before leaving.
thanks guys

------------------
"Aim small = miss small"

Back