Magnum research 22 mag

FURCHASER12

I know of the recomendations from factory not to shoot anything but 40-50 grains because of feeding/extraction problems. But i was just curious what everyone else is shooting in them. Thanks

Remington 33gr accu tip. Pretty accurate bullet. I shot targets out around 250yds and hit them consistently 8 inch diamiter targets I think about the size of bowl. They deffentily has some knock down they tend to have like a exploding effect it fragments a good bit. I think that is how you would explain it when u shoot game like yotes. Id say you could easily take a deer within 50 yds with a well placed shot(not recommended). I've shot turkey with them had 1 get away somehow. Probably because I made a poor shot or something. But the rest dropped in there tracks. They flopped a little that's about all. There a little bit louder than some bullets but not real loud. I have had a few feeding problems I'm not sure if its the gun or the shells. Happens about 1/100 rounds. I've shot coons and possums and a few rabbits with devestating affects on them. Headshots only if u want to eat the rabbit. But all in all pretty good bullets.

Never had a problem with lower grain bullet weight in my MR .22 mag.

I'll 2nd 33gr Rem, but anymore there very expensive. Locally, they want $18 per 50ct which I'll refuse to pay.

I've got two .22 mag autos. A H&K 300, it will shoot the low weight 30 grain bullets and cycle fine. My H&R 700 is way over enginered, having recoil rails and spring similar to a Winchester 100 and heavy bolt spring. It will not cycle the higher velocity, lower weight bullets. In it, I have to shoot 40 grain or heavier bullets. Your gun might need heavier bullets to cycle and feed properly.

Last edited:
I shoot the hornady 30gr v-max in my MR with no problems. I tested 5 different brands of ammo in this gun & v-max was by far the most accurate.

my hk 300 fuctions with everything but the winchester 45 grain hp, very under powered, stay away from it for use in an auto.

Ur right the gun don't have any problems feeding heavier bullets just the vmax hornandy and accu tip remington is the only one I've had problems with. I've also had probms when the shell won't go off it leaves a mark on the bullet like it does when I shoot one that goes off. Hornady is the one that does this in my gun about 40percent of time. Happened one time with remington accutip. Never had any of these problems with heavier bullets.

Ive not had any cycle problems with mine im just starting to play around with different loads. It seems that any 22wmr ammo is kinda hard to find around here. I just wanted to see what other people are shooting in theres.

Back