Are the bushnell elite as good as the old 4200?

skidooracer_99

Went to pick up another scope today, same as one that i've had for a couple years and absolutely love. its a bushnell elite 4200 4-16x40 with side focus. i fell in love with the side focus for hunting that i dont hafto raise the rifle outta position, look at the objective and crank away. i also have a 4200 4-16x40 from a couple years before the side focus model and it was the adjustable ao which was good at the time but the sf was better for me. Now...what i just found out is the 3200 and 4200 series are just called elite now and the 4-16x40 and even the 50 are the old style adjustable ao and look exactly like my scope from about 5 years ago. comeon this is like a total step backwards for bushnell in my mind. and didnt come home with the scope i intended to purchase. so i hafto do some deciding but i would like to hear some oppinions if the new elite scopes are atleast what the old 4200 were in clarity and not closer to what the 3200? this worries me since in my mind bushnell looks to be going backwards so who says their not making the new elite to the 3200 clarity yet?

Now i dont know personaly but my boss bought a couple 3200s 1 4200 and 2 6500. Think 6500. Anyways he said he loves them. There good dialing in crystal clear different options in reticles one got parallax and there a good price. With his 6500 he shoots his groundhog gun out out 600 yds no problem. Im buying a 4200 for my deer rifle this year.

i have 2 Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x50 w/ mildot and love them.One is on my Sabre 204 AR and the other one is going on my 223 AI. Great scope for the money.

That's a tough question! Some of the older Bushnells were actually made by Bausch and Lomb and I have one of the 6-24X models on my .220 Swift. Great glass. The other 3200 and 4200 Bushnells that I have are clear as gin themselves, but they are not side focus like the new ones are. OK by me for the most part as when out shooting critters way out there it stay on infinity anyway.

I had a 6500 and sent it back to Bushnell in exchange for a 4200. The 6500 was just not near as clear as I wanted (to say the least) and Bushnell agreed to exchange it for a 4200. Maybe I just had a bad one- I don't know but kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

I can't answer your question but I had a 2.5-10x40 4200... The image was amazing! Better then nikon monarch, sightron big sky, or leupy vx3.

I have a Bushnell Elite in 4-16x. It is ridiculously clear and bright, it's close to being my favorite scope. Ranks right behind my Zeiss in optical quality IMO.

Back