best trigger for AR varmint rifle

2ATLOW8

Just bought another ar and the trigger is horrible. did the polishing and spring bending and is still above 5lbs What are yalls aftermarket trigger recomendations.

I have a Timney & a Jewel, either work fine for target of prairie doggin. The Geissele seems to get great reviews. Any of the above are many times better than stock.

I just picked up a new ar and I don't know what trigger is in it but it is a great trigger, Its nothing like the trigger in my dpms. This trigger feels like it breaks at around 3.5 - 4 #s.

A guy that shoots the AR-15 in competiton (David Neth) suggested the Chip McCormick for my varminter AR. It is a two stage which I did not know if I would like at first but for sure, I do now. Very much a fan I am.

I have a Geissele SSA-E and a Jewel. The Jewel is a better bench trigger and can be adjusted to your heart's content with adjustable first and second stages, The SSA-E is a fixed and heavier pull, but more durable.

DMR for me...but while I save for a nice trigger I send the factory one to bill springfield and get the yellow springs, for 60 bucks its worth it. I also like the timney, but the big G is my favorite. I also have a bushmaster 2 stage that has been in a number of lowers and is very good.

I am using the Geissele National Match for P-dogs in the summer, then swap out the springs with DMR springs for hunting coyotes in the winter.

Quote:I have had every trigger made for a ar 15. What didn't you like about the Geissele High Speed National Match compared to the Jard?

Last edited:
Wow never expected this much input thanks alot. a trigger is one of those things that I hate to just sink money into without getting to pull it first. I put a Chip MC in my last AR and was pleased but wanted something with a little lighter pull this time. Btw it is a DPMS.

Back