Need ideas on a Tikka stock

fair_chase

I recently purchased a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless 223 (8"). I am not a fan of the camo stock.

Do I paint over the camo and how (solid, pattern, color etc)?
Sell camo stock and buy a black Tikka T3 Lite stock?
Other ideas?

IMG_0153-1_zps1de9ef4b.jpg

I kinda like the camo. But, if your in for a change, Manners makes stocks for the T-3's. I think the camo looks better than black but...

I would not paint it. I would think alot of people like those camo stocks and you could get get some decent money for it. Sell it to fund a new one. My son broke his stock on his T3 Hunter last Deer season (don't ask). So I gave him mine off my T3 Lite and baught myself a Bell & Carlson, Tan w/black spider web, I think they call it. I like the look and feel of it alot. Have not shot it yet though.

I also reccomend a B&C Medalist Sporter stock with the full length bedding block. Will be an upgrade over the factory stock. These medalists stocks are pretty solid.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-601/Bell-%26-Carlson-Tikka/Detail

Trade it for a black one on armslist. I bet there are people that would get rid of their black one for a camo one.

Here is a few Pics. I forgot it also has a nice check weld and very good "Decelerator" recoil pad. The stock/paint is textured so it has some grip but not alot. Note; the grip is much fatter than a Tikka stock, so it feels alot different. These B&C stocks feel way more substantial in your hands, a little heavier than a Tikka but I like that because I think the Tikka's are too light. Absolutly drop in, no modifications needed. I got mine in November from Shooters Discount because I think they were the only place that had them in stock and the best price. It was delivered within a week.

snowshoeingampRifle013.jpg

snowshoeingampRifle015.jpg

snowshoeingampRifle014.jpg

Originally Posted By: Osti
Here is a few Pics. I forgot it also has a nice check weld and very good "Decelerator" recoil pad. The stock/paint is textured so it has some grip but not alot. Note; the grip is much fatter than a Tikka stock, so it feels alot different. These B&C stocks feel way more substantial in your hands, a little heavier than a Tikka but I like that because I think the Tikka's are too light. Absolutly drop in, no modifications needed. I got mine in November from Shooters Discount because I think they were the only place that had them in stock and the best price. It was delivered within a week.

snowshoeingampRifle013.jpg
I'd be interested in how well it shoots in the B&C Stock, I have a t3 deluxe in 270 wood, and was looking at that same stock at Stocky's Stocks.
thumbup1.gif

snowshoeingampRifle015.jpg

snowshoeingampRifle014.jpg

Back