Nikon Monarch 3 (4-16x42 BDC) on an AR?

roxie

I just purchased a new Bushmaster Predator AR, so now I need to put some glass on it.

I'm strongly considering a Nikon Monarch 3 (4-16x42 BDC); however, I'm not sure if it will fit/work okay on my AR.

Anybody using this scope on an AR?

And if so, what type of ring mounts did you use?

Thanks for your input!

I don't have that specific scope but a similar size/shape (way cheaper, not as clear glass): Bushnell Legend 5 x 15.

I just used high based rings that lifted it up off the flattop base and it works like a charm. I think they were Badger rings but not certain, did it several years ago and had the gun shop put them on.

Your scope choice, IMHO, is great for predators and varmints. I leave mine down at 5x 90% of the time for coyotes and crank it up to 15x for prairie dogs or gophers.

I have one and use a larue LT 104 mount.
243lbc_5274.jpg

Have 2 Nikons both on AR's. One is a Monarch 4-16x50 and the other is a 5-20x 42. Love them both, used for both pd's and coyotes. Work perfectly!! Teamed them both with Burris pepr's.

I have a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42 mildot on my DPMS Oracle flattop. I used the Burris PEPR mount with plenty of room. I just got a good deal on a Monarch 4-16x50 that I plan on putting on it. Looks like there will be plenty of room also. Midway has the Burris Xtreme Tactical rings on sale right now too. I have used those and a medium size fits the 42mm perfectly. I hope that helps.

Back