Shorten Stock on Benelli Nova??????

Moosetrot

Oay, so I'm built like a Hobbit. Now that's said. I have a question. I've had a Benelli Nova for about three years and it's the most dependable gun I've owned. What I've found is that when I'm waterfowling in late season and have a lot of clothing on, the LOP is probably too long for the stumps I call arms.

The Nova has a "pop-in" recoil pad that is held by a lip inside the composite stock. Would really like to take about 3/4" off of it, but that would remove the lip that holds the pad. The buttstock is integral to the receiver of the gun so "ordering a new stock" is out of the question.

If anyone has any experience or ideas on this I'd really love to hear them.

Thanks!!!

Moosetrot Baggins

Ran into the same problem when I bought one for my son. I thought I was buying the youth model with the shorter stock and realized that is not what I got. I tried to buy a shorten buttpad for his and ran into roadblocks everywhere. Buying parts for Benellis is a big PITA. Anyway I ended up making one...I took three layers of smooth rubber belting cut so one was the same size as the outside dimension of the original. One was small as the inner ridge made into the stock and one slightly larger to go on the inside. I stitched them together with heavy cord stock and it worked excellent. Once my son grows into his gun I will put the original back on. If you would like email me and I can send you a couple pics.

Back