870 parts on 1187?

realtree hunter

I just ordered a Remington 1187 but have been eyeing the new Magpul stock for the Remington 870. Does anyone know if the Magpul stock will fit the 1187?

Just installed one on mine. The butt stock might fit but doubt the fore end will. I can't say for sure. I do really like them though,seems like a great improvement.

Thanks, I shouldered an 870 tactical with one at a gun show and it almost felt like I had shouldered one of my 700s. IM thinkin Im gonna get one for the 1187 now that I know theyll fit. I think theyd make that gun feel awesome for turkey hunting.

Pretty sure the stocks are the same across the 1100-1187 family, but almost as positive that the forearms are no where close.

Just did a quick search for mag-pul parts for the 11-87 and came up empty. Now I'm not to sure they make one for the 11-87??????

The Magpul might not, but there are/were stocks made that do in fact interchange. They had a molded in "tube" inside that covered the action tube in the autos. Included was a long screw for use with the 870 or a shorter one for the autoloaders. Might have been Speedfeed that did that. Cant say for sure about the Magpul...mine isn't here yet. I wouldn't say for sure, not having the actual stock in my hand...just because one is pump and one is auto with an action tube sticking out the back. It also dont mean that it cant be done just because it might not jump out of the box and put itself on...I have seen hillbillies do harder things!!!! Common sense says no though...I think if it did both they would want to sell that many more and tell everyone it works for all.

The magpul sgr attaches to the receiver with an allen head bolt that goes through the back of the grip. You are correct about some stocks being interchangeable between the 870 and 1187, the speedfeed and the synthetic remington factory stocks will. Unfortunately there is no way the magpul will work on the 1187 though.

Back